miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Bookmark threads

Author Shaun
#1 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 16:57 
In a fast moving forum, sometimes a user can start a thread then subsequent threads swamp out the original and it's lost off the first page. Or perhaps you start it one day then don't check it for days.

If you're trying to keep track of a thread other than using the email option, it would be useful to be able to bookmark a thread so that it's shown before any other threads. Could this be easily added to miniBB? either as an addon or in a future version? I imagine it would be a registered user only option else the threads bookmarked would have to be stored in a cookie.

Author Shaun
#2 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 17:07 
Now I think of it, How about also adding the ability for a user to hide threads they don't want to see anymore?

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 17:54 
Shaun
Too hard to implement this in current version. We think it's a "feature" of large boards, and won't be implemented by us.

At least, now.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#4 | Posted: 8 Aug 2002 03:38 
'bookmarked' threads is the same as stickies (but user-customisable) - but i've never seen it done on any board. it's a really good idea, maybe not for minibb, but it'd be a brilliant plugin for one of the other boards :)

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 8 Aug 2002 10:29 
4days
It is implemented on forum.ixbt.com (hardware BBS). Personally, I never used them. And as for a plugin, you need to create another table etc. etc. Too much resources, again.

You could check our add-on "Forums Checker" as well, it contains a "Favourites" feature which probably stands closely to the request.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Bookmark threads
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑