Posts are saved to the database,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 7 Jun 2006 17:38 
...or do you mean system messages? ;-)

Author Slavik
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Jun 2006 11:33 
I mean users messages. Cannot find file with name Database on my FTP.
Please tell me exactly the name of file.

Author realitybytes
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 8 Jun 2006 11:42 
You lost me on this one so I will explain both.

The messages that are posted to threads such as the messages in this post now, that you are reading are all stored in a database, it isnt a file that you can just open up as such and edit the details.

In order to access the database which by the sounds of it to me you should not be doing without first reading up on sql. You need an interface such as phpmyadmin or you can access it through a command line such as telnet. If you are paying to have your site hosted then you will need to ask them what kind of access you have to your database(s).

Now if you are talking about the messages,phrases/wording that make up the baord such as "Forums" and "Your answer" the titles, warning messages etc then they are stored in your language file which you can find in the folder [lang].

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Where are posts saved? In which file?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑