®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Board Version displayed publicly or in admin panel

Author iulyb
#1 | Posted: 3 Jun 2006 18:16 
hi,
I updated to the laste version. Before it use to be the version on the footer section.
I think is a good idea to remove that from the footer cause i got board hacked too many times and that was just because they search on google ;)

But would be nice to display version somewhere on admin panel.

Author realitybytes
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 4 Jun 2006 03:07 
Version number was removed from minibb a while a go in the footer. I remember a post a while back highlighting the exact same reason you stated and not long after it was removed.

Also I think it is a good idea to have the version number visible in the admin panel.

An addition to that might be to have a link to a webpage that shows any updates and highlights bugs/exploits.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 4 Jun 2006 12:12 
you can add {$version} anywhere inside the preferred template to display the version number. We store $version variable in the bb_functions.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 7 Jun 2006 15:58 
We have removed version number from public displaying long time ago. Be sure you get updated more often ;-)

Displaying board version in admin panel is useless. You need to know board version only for getting update information. If you are going to be updated, anyway you should access files via FTP and able to check the version, viewing bb_functions.php file.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Board Version displayed publicly or in admin panel
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑