Sendmail doesn't work?..

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Team
8-)
#16 | Posted: 3 Jan 2006 12:14 
Be sure you have

$genEmailDisable=0;

in setup_options.php

Your server also can recognize PHP messages as spam or bulk mail.

Default sending email function is sendmail or whatever is configured in PHP. miniBB doesn't use any direct sending functions, except for the latest version, when you may plug-in PHPMailer class and use outside SMTP.

Author LekySpigot
#17 | Posted: 3 Jan 2006 14:28 
I checked $genEmailDisable immediately when the difficulty surfaced and it was already at $genEmailDisable=0; As I said, emails were initially going to users okay and I had made no chages to alter that function. Since my original post I have also opened all other email settings I could find and have set them as so:

$emailadmin=1;
$emailusers=1;
$emailadmposts=1;

I still have no working email now.

Yes, I do realize the difficulty may lie with my hosting service's sendmail and perhaps they have spamtraps. I've had somewhat similar experiences with other things. The fix, through contact with my host's support, was to change my sendmail path to an alternate sendmail setup they have, but do not advertise. Since I did that the problems have totally disappeared. However, with miniBB I apparently cannot alter the path to sendmail, to accomplish this.

Regarding the PHPMailer class, I assume you are saying that it will work with 2.0-RC5? It's paramount that I have reliable email functions. Otherwise, I am going to have to change back to a bulkier forum application.

Author Team
8-)
#18 | Posted: 3 Jan 2006 16:11 
Yes, miniBB 2.0 RC5 should work with PHPMailer class. Manual explains what do you have to set in setup_options.php for getting this enabled. However, if your hoster recommends you to change sendmail path, he should change it also in php.ini. Else PHP apps will not be able to send emails.

Author Karlos
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 6 May 2006 22:07 
hi,

Sorry for this question and for my English....

I dont know nothing about PHP :-( but i had install minibb and is working ok, except de "send mail". In ASP is very simple to configure the SMTP, but in PHP i can´t. I have read several of topics here (about this matter) i already read the manual but ... i cant.

If i understend well the topics i have read the minibb dont need SMTP... well what it need? Wich files i have to modify and what i have todo? Can you please explain to me how can i put this forum full working?

Thanks
Karlos

Author Team
8-)
#20 | Posted: 6 May 2006 23:20 
Karlos
it's explained here (look for $enablePhpMailer):

https://www.minibb.com/forums/9_3364_0.html#msg20526

you will also need phpMailer class from GitHub

But of course it's always better to make your PHP installation work with sendmail/qmail or any other SMTP service used on your server itself :) It's up to PHP settings, not miniBB.

Author Anonymous
#21 | Posted: 8 May 2006 22:34 
Is ok now..

Thanks for your great forum and support. You are unique

:-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#22 | Posted: 9 May 2006 07:15 
We have also added some notes about PHPMailer class in our manual (how it can be combined with miniBB). Look up for $enablePhpMailer array setting.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Sendmail doesn't work?..
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑