miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Showing closed forums publically

Author zorglub
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Feb 2005 19:09 
Hi !
I would like to know how to do so that users can see that a forum exists but that it could not access to it unless I add him/her. The fact is that I have a forum for 'adults only' and I need to receive a message telling me that he/she is >18 to give access to this forum...

Which mean I cannot use :
$clForums=array(1,3,6);
$clForumsUsers[1]=array(2,5);
$clForumsUsers[3]=array(10,11);
$clForumsUsers[6]=array(12,22);

As only these members can see the forum...

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 26 Feb 2005 19:31 
That's it. Some time ago we had this feature (when all forums are visible); but many users asked to disable viewing of closed forums, so they are not visible now, if corresponding user is not logged in.

So, I see two ways for you... First is to declare something on your site that you HAVE this forum, but only ALLOWED users are added to it. Second, you'll need to edit bb_func_forums.php and bb_func_vforum.php...

Author zorglub
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Feb 2005 19:59 
All right...
Tell me more about the second option ?
I already have a declaration in the topic description :) (but of course it's a lie now !)

Author zorglub
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 26 Feb 2005 20:01 
But it should REALLY be forbidden to <18 !

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 1 Mar 2005 11:14 
zorglub
Understood :-) It is more easy to set all forums visible that you might imagine. Just COMMENT or REMOVE this line (where $clForums condition is checked) and set $show=TRUE; for all cases.

Example:

//if($user_id!=1 and isset($clForums) and in_array($forum,$clForums) and isset($clForumsUsers[$forum]) and !in_array($user_id,$clForumsUsers[$forum])) $show=FALSE; else $show=TRUE;
$show=TRUE;

Author zorglub
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 1 Mar 2005 11:39 
Greaty :)
another mistery solved =)
thank you !

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Showing closed forums publically
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑