®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

file upload doesn't work after transferring to another domain

Author floraforum
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 16 Dec 2012 14:06 
I have my forum moved to another domain.
But now works fileupload not.

I get the following error

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/.sites/4/site38/web/forum/bb_plugins2.php on line 34
Can not create separate topic directory. Check your hosting settings and be sure PHP script is able to create directories. Contact miniBB support if you want this feature, but can not get it to work. Else set $dirsTopic=FALSE; in addon_fileupload.php

I don't know where to put $dirsTopic=FALSE; in addon_fileupload.php

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 16 Dec 2012 17:14 
Look at $uploadDir in addon_fileupload_options.php. There you have certainly provided a path in which the files can be stored. (Mostly /yourForums/shared_files/uploaded) You have to make the folder writeable. Read the readme again :)

Author floraforum
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 17 Dec 2012 17:26 
problem is solved.
I have put the uploadedfolder to 0777
and put $dirsTopic=FALSE; in fileupload.php.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 18 Dec 2012 08:00 
floraforum:
and put $dirsTopic=FALSE; in fileupload.php.
I think this is not necessary if your upload folder has the proper permissions (777). Then, for each upload automatically creates a subfolder in the uploadfolder to match the uploaded file in the topic.

Look again what Paul writes in the readme under: Only if you would like to achieve that "little thumbnails" are displayed near each topic's title ... I think this will not work if you have $dirsTopic now set to FALSE. But when it goes the way you want it, so all is well. Sorry, my English is not so good and I just wanted to give you a hint.

debloemenhal ? Then look at the source code of your forums page. In the last table, an link to miniBB, is missing a enclosing <td></td> ;-)

Author floraforum
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 18 Dec 2012 16:34 
Thanks for the tips, but if I remove $dirsTopic=FALSE; uploaden doesn't work anymore.
I do no why, but i will leave it this way.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Dec 2012 22:22 
Then see what Paul has already written to, here, and ask your provider how you can turning off php save_mode on your server.

And look again at the source code of your page, line 458 and 460 :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 18 Dec 2012 23:19 
If you were having this setting equal to TRUE earlier, it is better to investigate and keep it with that value on the new hosting, too. Else you will not be able to view / download the files uploaded earlier.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 file upload doesn't work after transferring to another domain
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑