miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /   

Mobile version

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »  
Author caubehuhong
Registered
#1 | Posted: 14 Nov 2013 07:36 
Hello,
First I install free mobile version its only show main mobile version all other link on the site go to main site
and then i buy paid mobile version the problem still remain. I am very upset, i spent alot of time to find out but can't :(
Please tell me how to fix it.
Thank you!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 14 Nov 2013 13:15 | Edited by: Paul 
First, you need to follow the guide carefully. Have you read it at all?

http://www.minibb.com/mobile.html

Have you checked how it looks on minibb.com?

http://m.minibb.com/

Premium mobile version just extends to some templates an extra options. You should at first get the basic version going on your subdomain.

Author caubehuhong
Registered
#3 | Posted: 14 Nov 2013 14:39 
Here is the file i setup please check it and tell me where to fix :(
<...cut...>/setup_options.txt

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 15 Nov 2013 20:34 
At first, try to delete $main_url option which is duplicated in your setup_options file after all pre-defined settings (it should be defined only once depending on the conditions set above). The same about $sitename, $startPageModern and other options pre-defined in the Mobile codes block - they should be set only once and not repeated in the other code below, else they will override each other, and this may produce the conflict you are stuck on.

Author caubehuhong
Registered
#5 | Posted: 15 Nov 2013 21:18 
Problem sloved, thank you for help!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#6 | Posted: 16 Nov 2013 20:51 
You are welcome.
Let us know if you need more assistance.

Author clk4suport
Registered
#7 | Posted: 27 Nov 2013 13:43 
Hi,

You have to uninstall it and install it again may be your problem will sort out.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#8 | Posted: 27 Nov 2013 17:55 
clk4suport:
You have to uninstall it and install it again may be your problem will sort out.

You are obviously mentioning the shamanism method for Windows. But here we have completely another case.

It should work from the first attempt, you just need to realize what you are doing and what it is by purpose, and how it should work and look, in final.

Author Jaime
Registered
#9 | Posted: 2 Dec 2013 13:02 | Edited by: Jaime 
First, you need to follow the guide carefully. Have you read it at all?

Yes, i have read the guide to the mobile version, again and again .. but if i have understood everything correctly? ;-)

Besides of it, this code will set a cookie named 'mobile2full', which will keep the status of the opened Mobile version. When coming back to the forum, the script will forward to the Mobile domain automatically, if this status remained opened from the last session.

Somewhere i have an error ...

By default, when entering a forum with the mobile device, there is no automated redirection to the Mobile version. Forum member entering a forum with some Mobile device, will just see the "Mobile Version" link (read below how to set it up). Seeing and clicking this link, a member could enter the Mobile domain then and browse the Mobile version.

This works! I come with the regular browser, there is no link to the mobile version. For testing i use the Opera Mobile Emulator, and then also the link to the mobile version is displayed.

If he's left on it, next time when entering the forum, he will be suggested to enter the Mobile version automatically. This is for the comfort of members who would like to browse the forum using the Mobile version only.

This does not work with me. :-( Where could i have made a mistake? I am using the current miniBB (3.03) and also the current mobile version (1.2 Premium)

In the mobile version everything works as it should, agree the links to the articles and also the change to the "normal" forum. Just as it should be :)

Author Jaime
Registered
#10 | Posted: 5 Dec 2013 14:31 
This does not work with me. :-( Where could i have made a mistake? I am using the current miniBB (3.03) and also the current mobile version (1.2 Premium)

Hm, it is an problem with the cookie miniBBsite_mobile2full. This cookie is set when i switch from the normal to the mobile version. When i change now again from the mobile version to the normal version, it should be deleted. Not on my site :(

Arrrg ... someday i find my error! Is only a matter of time ;-)

Author Jaime
Registered
#11 | Posted: 5 Dec 2013 16:23 
Previously, i had always

$cookiedomain='';
$cookiepath='';

Now i play with

$cookiedomain='mydomain.tld';
$cookiepath='';

The same problem ... but with

$cookiepath='/';

Now it work the mobile version also by me :) .. what problems i get now with this change may additionally? ;-) But first, i am pleased that the mobile version even with me doing what it should.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#12 | Posted: 5 Dec 2013 18:20 | Edited by: Paul 
Jaime:
The same problem ... but with

$cookiepath='/';

Actually this is what you have to set initially. Yes, cookie should be set over the whole domain, that is definite. Whatever is set on the primary domain, will not work with this setting on a subdomain, and otherwise.

Also, mentioning an exact domain, probably with the dot in front of it - like .mydomain.tld - should be a must.

Then the cookie will be set and read on all subdomains and all subfolders of this domain.

Author Rider
Registered
#13 | Posted: 1 Jan 2015 12:15 
I am going to implement a mobile version of our forum (3.1). But I am doubting whether I should download the free or premium version.
We only have the addons Captcha, PM and Favorites installed, not the others. In the description of the premium mobile version on this website it says 'Please note: it will only work, if you have purchased and installed all of the premium add-ons mentioned above.'. Does this mean that nothing is going to work if we install the premium version, since we don't have all the addons? Or are only the not-installed addons not going to work?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#14 | Posted: 1 Jan 2015 21:36 
Rider:
Or are only the not-installed addons not going to work?

This one seems to be correct. Whatever you have not installed/purchased, will also not be available in the Premium version of the Mobile add-on.

Author Rider
Registered
#15 | Posted: 1 Jan 2015 21:58 
ok thanks for the info!
*thumbs up*

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions / Mobile version Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB