The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /   

making the title display just the main post title, not the site title

Author trc4949
Registered
#1 | Posted: 20 May 2007 19:05 
in the template file main_posts.html

when viewed in a browser the TITLE of the page is shown as :

This is the post title - My Mini BB forum

Is there a way to make it so that title includes JUST "This is the post title" and not always adding the " - My Mini BB forum" piece to the end of it ???

I am not sure if main_posts.html is the file that needs to be edited in order to changes this...

Author tom322
Registered
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2007 22:55 
Look in bb_func_vthread.php (on the bottom find $title - just leave the topic title there)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 21 May 2007 04:24 
trc4949
Why it is necessary for you?

Author trc4949
Registered
#4 | Posted: 23 May 2007 21:09 
well it is not necessary.. just another one of my crazy theories that it will help my search engine placement :) since it focuses only on the main topic or post of the page and does not water things down with the main site title every time :)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other / making the title display just the main post title, not the site title Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB