miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#61 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 16:05 
Sure, you'll be able to do that.

Author Tuyen
#62 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 16:14 
That's great. This is biggest different between miniBB and others.
Thank's miniBB very much

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#63 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 16:19 
The list of actions of the mobile version will include by default: Recent Topics on the front page, ability to select a forum, or post a topic in a certain forum from the first page; viewing list of topics of the certain forum; viewing threads (with the attached Images/Files if the certain add-on is installed); viewing user profiles incl. members photos, if the Photo album add-on is installed; posting, editing, deleting messages and topics, moving/locking topics; regular login functions; Private messaging add-on.

I think so far this list most of the basic abilities to watch the forum "on wheels". Feel free to suggest something, if you think some other actions should be added.

Author tom322
#64 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 17:27 
I think Checker would be useful too if possible..

Author Tuyen
#65 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 03:49 
I think checker is not necessary for mobile ver. The fearures above is all I need for mobile ver.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#66 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 11:44 
The Mobile addition will come with the actions I've listed above by default. Any customizations are possible :) Who will need checker, it's possible to adjust to run it for mobile, too. But in default version I'll skip it, since the purpose of making this release is a bit of other kind.

Author Synbitz
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 11:56 
keep up the work. minibb is awesomenat0rs

Author tom322
#68 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 18:51 
That's good. For me Checker is where I live on miniBB forums so it may be important ;)

Author samuelsss
Partaker
#69 | Posted: 9 Oct 2011 01:08 
I agree that more colors would be most welcomed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#70 | Posted: 10 Oct 2011 19:00 
You may check up the new miniBB logo now :) It's first draft, but I think it's closely to the final version. The new logo is located on top of our forums now.

This logo absorbs few years of working out the miniBB logo. I have followed just basic principles when working it out:

- it's miniBB; the logo should be "mini"; so let's keep it in 16 x 16 px size;

- from the initial series of miniBB releases, the logo should contain a smile inside; it's just because miniBB keeps smiling almost all the time, and it's a positive symbol ;)

- the newer version of the logo contains the transformed concept of "yin and yang", representing male and female crossing together and building "N/M" letters from the "miniBB" wording, also mirroring BB letters. Two dots from two "i"s are also the part of the smiling concept. It also reminds me a bit of symbols of WC rooms, but sometimes, forums really look similar to a public toilet :)

Welcome to give your comments!

Author tom322
#71 | Posted: 10 Oct 2011 19:12 
Logo is very good, colors are very good too. The only thing I would change - I would make it bigger :). If something is nice, there's no need to tire eyes to get the full details.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#72 | Posted: 10 Oct 2011 19:26 
Thank you.
The idea is that you may view the big picture only keeping the big distance from it;
otherwise, to view something small, you should take a closer look ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#73 | Posted: 14 Oct 2011 14:03 
Super-sticky function is now here. I've made this topic "super-sticky" so it will appear on top of topic listings on the first page, under extra recent posts, any other internal forum. Welcome to check how it works and let me know if something is wrong!

Author tom322
#74 | Posted: 14 Oct 2011 18:25 
I'd suggest to add a different class/background to such a super sticky table cell so that it doesn't seem like the forum has no new posts (at first it may seem so and be a little confusing since this sticky topic is always on top..). I know it has a different icon, but I think different background would be more convenient for users.

Even better, I'd suggest to add a separate class/background for all sticky topics. That way it would be easy to see what to skip and what's new.

Author Ha Dung Hoang
#75 | Posted: 15 Oct 2011 05:32 
I like Super Sticky
Is it free? or Paid addon?

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑