miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Count Views for each page

Author zorglub
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 Apr 2005 21:07 
Hi !
How would it be possible to count each view of a topic. Topic counter only add on when you display the first page. But in my script, I directly go to the last page (-1).

So I would like to make so that each page displayed is counted in views...

Where should I change something ? Thank you =)

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#2 | Posted: 22 Apr 2005 02:35 
Then every time when someone wants to remember a phrase or something that he has already seen 10s of times, the board will count it as new visit - 100 rememberings, 100 visits. Not realistic :)

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 22 Apr 2005 10:21 
zorglub
Yes, if you think, you find this useful... "View of a topic" actually relays on individual users who are reading it for the first time, not another.

This is in general defined in bb_func_vthread.php:

if($page==0 and isset($enableViews) and $enableViews) updateArray(array('topic_views'),$Tt,'topic_id',$topic);

just remove the condition "$page==0 and"

Author zorglub
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 22 Apr 2005 15:12 
Team working, thank you =)

Ivan my board are stories that people continue, not a 'chat board'. So, I want to display which are the most 'read' and popular stories. So usually, people directly go to -1 page (there is a link for that at the first page) and only read the new 'episode'. Otherwise, it would be meaningless, I agree with you !

Author Moony
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 29 Jun 2017 16:07 
In newer versions it should be :

if(isset($enableViews) and $enableViews) updateArray(array('topic_views'),$Tt,'topic_id',$topic);
INSTEAD OF:

if($page==PAGE1_OFFSET+1 and isset($enableViews) and $enableViews) updateArray(array('topic_views'),$Tt,'topic_id',$topic);

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Count Views for each page
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑