miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Signatures

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 20 Jul 2005 07:08 
hello! It would seem that the signatures are limited in their character length. How can I extend the character limit?

thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 20 Jul 2005 10:00 
Signatures have limit of 255 symbols like the 'user_custom2' field in database, which is VARCHAR type. So, you need to update this field to TEXT type, also to update 'maxlength' in profile's form.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 21 Jul 2005 06:18 
thanks ^_^

Author justchil
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 17 Aug 2005 20:43 
Hey guys I'm having trouble with the signature addon. I've done everything in the readme and double checked everything.

My problem is the signatures are not displayed. The edit preferences area seems to work fine althought I have not verified that sigs are being saved in the database (although they appear to be)

I'm thinking my problem may line with adding user_custom2 into the userInfoInPosts array. I have the following:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1','user_custom2');

I'm using user_custom1 for avatars.

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 17 Aug 2005 20:50 
And what about adding {$userInfo_user_custom2[$poster_id]} in templates/main_posts_cell.html? What version of miniBB are you using? This is available only beginning from the version 2.0 RC2b.

Author justchil
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 17 Aug 2005 21:00 
2.0RC3 but you're exactly right. Some how I was editing the wrong file. I was editing main_post_closed.html.

DOH

Thanks!

Author Sjefke2002
#7 | Posted: 25 Nov 2005 20:00 
Hey there people,
I must say I'm very enthusiastic about MiniBB. The people behind it and the plugin creators deserve a great applause.

But although I have a question:
Is it possible with the signatures plugin to display all signatures in italic?

TiA,
Sjefke2002

Author _Marco
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 25 Nov 2005 20:22 
Not too hard. I had my signatures italic also, even in another colour.

In main_post_cells.html

<font color="#C0C0C0"><i>{$userInfo_user_custom2[$poster_id]}</i></font>

_Marco

Author Sjefke2002
#9 | Posted: 25 Nov 2005 20:29 
I like that idea of another color also, thanx for the tip! Also thanks for the solution ofcourse.
I was editing the bbcodes and such, but that resulted in more errors then results.

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 26 Nov 2005 20:55 
You can also put the same tags into bb_plugins.php code of signatures:

before
return $sig;

paste
if(trim($sig)!='') $sig='<font color="#C0C0C0"><i>'.$sig.'</i></font>';
return $sig;

Author Vishal
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 14 Feb 2006 07:03 
Many forums have this feature to make the signatures of members live after certian minimum no. of posts. Here's a way to achieve this through minibb. Here I'm going to display only the member's website url as signature and not using the signature addon.

The benefit to displaying only users website as signature is that normal signatures contain text that is not usually relevant to the topic and they distract search engines, diluting the key words.

Open the file bb_specials.php and add this function at the bottom, before ?>

function parseMessage (){
$GLOBALS['signature']='';
if ($GLOBALS['userInfo_num_posts'][$GLOBALS['poster_id']]>=15 and $GLOBALS['userInfo_user_website'][$GLOBALS['poster_id']
]!=''){
$GLOBALS['signature'] = "----------------<br><a href="".$GLOBALS['userInfo_user_website'][$GLOBALS['poster_id']]."" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">".$GLOBALS['userInfo_user_website'][$GLOBALS['poster_id ']]."</a>";
}
}

The above function displays signature (if present) after a member has made 15 posts. You can increase/decrease the no. in function according to your requirement.

Edit the templates main_posts_cell.html and add <br><br>{signature} after {$posterText}{$deleteBox}

Author Team
8-)
#12 | Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:52 
Thank you. Hopefully, somebody will find it useful!

Author Anonymous
#13 | Posted: 8 Aug 2007 11:49 
also to update 'maxlength' in profile's form.

Where is that???

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 8 Aug 2007 11:55 
templates/user_dataform.html -> Signatures code.

Author Anonymous
#15 | Posted: 5 Oct 2007 10:02 
how to turn off IMG code, I want only URL code be enabled

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Signatures
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑