Advanced search lacks AND parameter?

Author Rider
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 12:23 
When I do an advanced search on Minibb 3.3 with:
Search for = "lsjhdflsdf"
Fields = "Topic titles"
Username = "Rider"

I get 10 hits (well, ok, 11 hits including this post) where I would have expected to get 0 hits because I never typed the word "lsjhdflsdf" in a topic title. So it seems to me that there is an AND missing.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 22:43 
If I remember it properly, when you search by a username, whatever typed in the search phrase is ignored - that way only posts or topics created by a certain user could be found. But I'll take a look during the next working week.

Author Rider
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 23:57 
That is indeed what happens: the search phrase is ignored. Next question would be: is this how you want(ed) it to work?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2019 11:00 
Rider:
is this how you want(ed) it to work

Yes, it could be like it has been planned intentionally; but I will check. There's no a big deal to add AND condition for the next version, even if it's not present now.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Advanced search lacks AND parameter?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑