miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Tapatalk Feature or Premium Addon for miniBB?

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 2 Jul 2011 11:36 
Hi, i had a nice suggestion for the next premium addon. Becaus it is now the age of the Smartphones and Tables, so we need a smaller and thiner overview for the forums, like a mobile edition for miniBB ^^. So i have found a App/Tool/Api for manage this. Its Name "Tapatalk" it is an App for the Smartphones who makes the Forum compatible for smartphones and let it look smaller and thiner. The only Problem Tapatalk Api must be integrated in to miniBB like an Addon or in the Code of miniBB. But i don't know yet.

So what do you think? Because many Forumsoftwares like vBulletin phpBB and more... now support Tapatalk.

I think its an good suggestion, while i and many other people can then access via Tapatalk the our or other minibb boards and manage our posts, pms, threads and many other things.

greetz

Author Guest
~
#2 | Posted: 2 Jul 2011 15:36 
Here is the Link to the Tapatalk API ....tapatalk[dot]com/api/api.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 4 Jul 2011 09:07 
Unfortunately, using 3rd party software is not the tradition in miniBB. Any of the Premium add-ons I have developed, do not use API Apps, that's why they are premium.

Guest:
The only Problem Tapatalk Api must be integrated in to miniBB like an Addon or in the Code of miniBB.
That's really a huge problem. Because we don't practice 3rd party code integrations in miniBB. That's why miniBB stays as an extra-clean no-problematic app.

We don't care what other software is supposed to support, it's their own strategy, we support only those features our customers request.

You are right, now we have a mobile devices era, but the Mobile version of miniBB is now well ready and tested. I hope to release it soon amongst with the newest version of miniBB.

Finally... I've checked Tapatalk website and wasn't impressed at all. Honestly I didn't understand what it is about. I didn't get the idea of why I would be up to develop forum systems plugin or mobile application that talks the Tapatalk language if there is already PHP available which servers the purpose very well.

May be it was just the spam ad above who knows :)

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Tapatalk Feature or Premium Addon for miniBB?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑