Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Including code in a post

Author mulletgut
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 Nov 2007 02:38 
Hi,
Was wondering if there was a way to include bb code tags in a post and have them appear as required so as I can leave an instructional post on how to use them?
I'd like to sticky a post on how to include images, at bold and or underlined text, links etc but they never seem to show up properly.
Is there a codebox or something to do it in?

I hope I have explained that properly.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 19 Nov 2007 03:47 
It seems I didn't understand.

If you would like to leave kind of instructions on how to use BB codes in the place where TEXTAREA is located (message form), then just edit templates/main_post_form.html and put the stuff you need in the HTML format there.

Author mulletgut
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 19 Nov 2007 05:32 
Thanks Paul.

I spend so much time looking for the answers here myself and always end up in the trash.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 19 Nov 2007 05:49 
If your posts are in this forum, that only means they are incompatible with our posting rules which it seems you don't read before making a post.

However please note that we do not delete them (at the time we should) but still leave the right to get an answer if somebody will work it out for you. That's why they are not REMOVED but in THIS forum.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Including code in a post
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑