miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Help with SESSIONS=TRUE

Author Miguel
#1 | Posted: 29 Nov 2006 02:43 
Hi! Yesterday i found this great forum, and tried to integrate it to my website, that works with sessions. I set "$useSessions=TRUE;", but i still need some help.
If the forums is working with sessions, why do i have a sessionid in $_GET of every site? Where is this variable set?
Where can i add more data to the session? When is the session updated?

Thank you a lot!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Nov 2006 04:19 
$useSessions parameter is used in very rare cases... when some mad people want to make their forum log-in not depending on cookies. So session's ID is passed through each URL, and that's the only sense.

If you're integrating miniBB into your site, I recommend to take a look at the bb_cookie.php file, study it and update some functions, so they are using session functions, not cookies. This is also what we're offering at our paid support implementations.

Author Miguel
#3 | Posted: 29 Nov 2006 04:41 
Ok i see. But i still dont understand why do i need a sesison id in the url. As long as i have workd with php sessions, i have never needed to put that variable in the URL. I can always read/write from session without reading $_GET. Is this really necessary? Can't i pass PHPSESSID via $_POST?

Another question: When using sessions, i can't login to the admin's site. I fill name and pass for the admin, and i have put smoe echos in the code, so that i have seen that it reads well name and pass and realized they are correct, but i dont access to the admin menu. What is wrong?

Thank you again and i apologize for my poor english, i am still improving ;)

Author Miguel
#4 | Posted: 29 Nov 2006 05:03 
Ooook! Forget about it! I have understood it. Apache saves a cookie in my computer for the phpsession, so if i disable cookies, i have to pass phpsessid through url to know about it. I will fix my site so that it logs via cookies.

Thank you!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 29 Nov 2006 06:21 
Apache saves a cookie in my computer for the phpsession, so if i disable cookies, i have to pass phpsessid through url to know about it
Not Apache, but PHP, I think.

I will fix my site so that it logs via cookies
That's up to you :-) Actually, miniBB can be built-in any possible way, but this is a question of our paid support already. If you can't do it yourself, we can do it for a fee.

Cheers.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Help with SESSIONS=TRUE
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑