®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Custom Private Messaging addon problem

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 10:35 
I just purchased the PM add-on and am very pleased. But I noticed a couple problems. If you choose mysql mode it says to change the table names in addon_pmail_options.php and then has you add the databases from the sql file but they have different table names if you have changed them already. Another problem was if you choose mysql mode it never says to copy
addon_pmail_send.php to your forums directory, which is a major step.

Everything seams to be working fine except I cannot delete any messages, i click Delete Proceed and I get the Really Delete? but nothing happens? I have nothing in my error_log and I'm using mysql.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 12:21 
First of all, this addon has been abnormally updated past days and now it should contain some additional options which I will mention soon in the release... and new bugs probably ;-) that's why I very appreciate each report like the above. Thank you.

Closer to the details:

If you choose mysql mode it says to change the table names in addon_pmail_options.php and then has you add the databases from the sql file but they have different table names if you have changed them already.

- That's true and it seems this is just the issue of the README file which I will fix... of course, table names also need to be changed in SQL commands file, if you change them in options.

it never says to copy addon_pmail_send.php to your forums directory

- thanks as well, I will mention it.

i click Delete Proceed and I get the Really Delete? but nothing happens

- that's strange, what do you mean by "nothing happens"? An empty page displayed? Maybe there is some JavaScript error which you don't see in the browser like IE? Please pay attention than the new version of PM addon works ONLY with miniBB 2.0.5 and above, so you will need to upgrade the core software if you have older version (most probably, regarding CSRF issues). I have enabled mySQL module of PM on minibbtest site and it seems the deletion process works fine there....

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 12:35 
I'm using 2.0.5, when i click delete message it just refreshes the page but the message is still there? I can't find any errors. Where is the delete function? I want to make sure its still there. I just did a little more testing and found out nothing in the Checked messages: dropdown box works, it just refreshes the page with no changes? Was there another step in the ReadMe misssing?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 13:35 
Could you repeat the same on minibbtest?

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 13:57 
It works for me in minibbtest, nothing works in the Checked messages: drop down in any section Received (1) - Sent (1) - Reminding (1)

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 30 Jul 2007 14:56 
I just downloaded the plugin today so its the latest version. Other members of my forum are having the same problem. Where is the code for the drop down menu and its actions, maybe I am missing something?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 31 Jul 2007 04:01 
If it works for you on minibbtest, that means it works in general, because the latest addon version is installed there... and unfortunatelly, I still can't say what the reason could be on your side. It would require a custom investigation...

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 31 Jul 2007 09:31 
Where is the code for the Checked messages: drop down? I found the html form in addon_pmail_msgs.html and its a post to {indexphp}? Could i have posting turned off in my php settings or another setting wrong, I have default php5 setup? I know Javascript works because my Preview addon works fine.

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 31 Jul 2007 09:46 
in my index.php it says Last File Update: 2007-May-22 is that not the latest 2.0.5?

Author Anonymous
#10 | Posted: 31 Jul 2007 13:36 
I'm using pm version 2.0.2 , was there a .js file thats supposed to come with it? I know preview uses form.js I think? I'm just trying to think of why the drop down box does nothing?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 1 Aug 2007 03:54 
What do you mean by "drop down", in general? Drop down means form menu of the elements which appears in full when you click on it. Like for example on this page below... there is a drop down of forum titles with the button "switch forum" which allows to select and go to the proper forum, if needed. I don't understand what kind of drop down do you mean for the Checker or PM.

If you are using the Preview add-on, in PM's README there are notes regarding it and what should you do. You need to modify existing form.js file, but not overwrite it, since with the PM addon this file is not supplied at all.

Main miniBB version and latest updates are not related to the add-ons releases and/or dates. They are separated from the core and not updated simultaneously.

Author Anonymous
#12 | Posted: 1 Aug 2007 09:07 
The drop down menu I am talking about is the one for PM with Delete, Mark as Read, Mark as Unread, Mark as Important, Mark as Unimportant and is located in your inbox next to "Checked messages:"

I am using the Preview add-on but there is nothing in the Readme about altering the form.js file or anything about the Preview addon, the only add-on info is at the end and it is for setting up a greeting message, Quote addon and massmailing. The readme file was missing some stuff as you can see from my first post so maybe this was left out to?

Author Anonymous
#13 | Posted: 1 Aug 2007 09:11 
I noticed this in addon_pmail_mass.html Line:1 which is the template that has the drop down menu in it so I am hoping this is the problem. I just can't find out how to edit the form.js.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.minibb.com/forums/templates/form.js"></script>

Author tom322
#14 | Posted: 2 Aug 2007 00:14 
I think drop down menus regarding private mail are in addon_pmail .php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 2 Aug 2007 04:09 
I am using the Preview add-on but there is nothing in the Readme about altering the form.js file or anything about the Preview addon

Read more carefully... in the middle it says:

***** Paste the code provided in bb_plugins.code file, into in bb_plugins.php. ATTENTION: if you are using smilies addon, for getting smilies to work in Private Messaging, put the Smilies addon code BEFORE private message code. If you are using Preview addon, paste the code for Private Messaging AFTER the code for Preview. If you have Forums Checker addon installed and would like PM menu also appears in Checker, be sure to paste PM's code BEFORE Checker's code.

If you have installed default templates without editing them it all should work. As you see on minibbtest it all works by default. So I don't know what the reason could be.

addon_pmail_mass.html is related only to the mass-sending of emails and not the listing/deletion process.

addon_pmail_msgs.html is the template containing dropdowns.

Can you delete the message reading it, then clicking on the "Delete" link?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Custom Private Messaging addon problem
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑