®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Additional forum fields for admin only.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2012 18:53 
I am using my forum for shopping purposes where I post offers and so on. I would like to know how to add a few extra fields that are only available to moderators when posting, editing etc. For instance one for if the offer is active or expired. It would also be very useful if the field could appear in the search results too.

I have read up on how to add or remove fields when registering but can't see any about the forum itself. I could probably figure it out but there are these extra problems such as for moderators only and getting the results to appear when searching.

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Oct 2012 19:35 
I'd just recommend to use a software for shopping purposes, not a forum. They are different things.

For the forum itself, miniBB has nothing to recommend. It has a strict structure of database, which preferably should not be changed.
But you have all rights and possibilities to change it, it's under GPL and it's open source. It's up to you. Change the database, assign all fields in all other related scripts, add-ons... share couple of months for coding/testing... came up with another ideas... up to you.

We do not provide recommendations or advices regarding such requests, even in paid service terms.
Because it's usefulness job.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 12:17 
Paul:
I'd just recommend to use a software for shopping purposes, not a forum. They are different things.

For the forum itself, miniBB has nothing to recommend. It has a strict structure of database, which preferably should not be changed.
But you have all rights and possibilities to change it, it's under GPL and it's open source. It's up to you. Change the database, assign all fields in all other related scripts, add-ons... share couple of months for coding/testing... came up with another ideas... up to you.

We do not provide recommendations or advices regarding such requests, even in paid service terms.
Because it's usefulness job.
Fair enough. I have calmed down now on this idea. This is me all over. Some idea that enters my head and I will rush forward without really thinking. All I had to do was create a new forum for 'Expired Offers' and move the offers over to that forum when needed.

As for using the forum as a shopping site? It is still being used as a forum but is the front end only, with the shops in subcategories on the same domain.

I think my forum looks pretty good now. Don't know what you think?

http://ukshoppinghub.co.cc/

Regards

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Additional forum fields for admin only.
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑