miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

miniBB + Wordpress

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author LazyMe
#16 | Posted: 10 Apr 2008 05:58 
in the wordpress plugin libary there`s an plugin for setting back passwords to md5, then it works again like a charm with minibb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 20 Jun 2008 04:34 
I have now developed the miniBB solution for WordPress 2.5 and higher.

Download here.

I hope WordPress will not change their authorization anymore... it was a pain to investigate it.

If you have WP-Cache plugin installed, it may happen that WP-Plugin caches forum pages; that way you don't see the new reply or topic coming right away. I recommend to disable WP-Cache for forum pages.

How to do that? It seems it's possible to exclude parts of the URL Request under WP-Cache settings (in WP admin, go to Settings -> WP-Cache and locate "Rejected URLs" section). There you will need to specify 'wp-forums' or any kind of folder where your forums are in. I hope it will work, because I wasn't able to test it on my side: this WP-Cache add-on is not working on localhost.

Author vikal
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 30 Jun 2008 00:34 
ok tell me when we will receive the product ie minibb is integrated with Word Press

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 3 Jul 2008 04:59 
vikal
Look in Downloads. There is still not possible to get a fully compiled miniBB/WordPress software by this moment, if you mean this, but we hope following the instructions which let you just to overwrite few files and copy/paste the code won't make your life difficult.

Author fildiesel
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 2 Oct 2010 06:12 
have tried everything, but integration with Wordpress is not working. downloaded the plug-in installed everything according to instructions
does not work set cookie
If I login with admin rights, cookies work

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 4 Oct 2010 03:17 
I've tested it once again with the newer versions of miniBB and WordPress, and I could confirm that this solution is still working.

IF you are experiencing troubles with login on forums, specially if you are testing this environment on Localhost, it may be because WordPress sets its primary authorization cookie for a specified folder only, not the whole domain or site as it's required by the miniBB common integration guide. To fix this, try to modify /wp-includes/default-constants.php fixing the following:

if ( !defined('COOKIEPATH') )
//define('COOKIEPATH', preg_replace('|https?://[^/]+|i', '', get_option('home') . '/' ) );
define('COOKIEPATH', '/' );
So, first you should comment or remove the original setting build upon 'home' option, and re-specify it as a simple global path, which would work for all scripts placed under that folder.

If it doesn't work, you may try the same with 'SITECOOKIEPATH' and 'ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH' options.

Check your cookie paths using Mozilla's Tools -> Options -> Privacy - Show Cookies tab.

Author harootun
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 6 Dec 2013 17:29 
A theoretical question - if I created a site where Wordpress and MiniBB were integrated, is it possible (with some custom modifications) to have the two systems use one set of avatars? In other words, the avatar a user would select would appear on the minibb page, but also on other wordpress pages of the website?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 6 Dec 2013 18:37 
I'm mostly sure it's possible. Possibly you need to enable avatars uploads routine on the WP end.
Then miniBB's Avatars add-on could be adjusted to follow the same routine and display WP avatar on its pages.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 miniBB + Wordpress
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑