®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

which template does what?

Author 4days
Champi0n
#1 | Posted: 16 Apr 2002 22:08 
modifying the templates for my site (running the nifty-keen 1.2 :)) and i was wondering if you had a description of which template is used for each element of the pages.

i know the filenames are very descriptive but it'd be good to have another document explaining where they're all used as well.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 17 Apr 2002 10:20 
the filenames are very descriptive
Oh yeah, that's true :) We thought that will be enough, but if you are having troubles with some template, just ask here, and we'll explain.

Alternatively, it is possible to modify bb_functions.php file - function makeUp(). Where it says

return $tpl;

replace it to:

if (substr($name,0,5)!='email') return "<!-- {$name}.{$ext} -->".$tpl."<!-- /{$name}.{$ext} -->"; else return $tpl;

Then if you view the source of the whole page (while working on the layout of your forums) you will see the commenting tags meaning which template is used via parsing.

Please note this approach is for debugging purposes only. It produces a wrong HTML and can't be used (needs to be disabled) on the production page.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#3 | Posted: 18 Apr 2002 17:32 
cool, nearly finished :) filenames are enough, i was just being lazy.

if anyone else is modifying the templates for their own site - temporarily adding something like this to bb_style.css is really useful

TABLE {
border:#FF0000 2px solid;
}

makes it a lot easier to see where one bit ends and the next starts.

Author Aleck
Activator
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2002 18:38 
is there a way to combine two templates together?

main_posts.html
main_posts_cell.html would be one file?

Author Sergei
Team member
#5 | Posted: 25 Apr 2002 19:33 
nope

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 26 Apr 2002 10:28 
Aleck
How you can imagine that? main_posts_cell.html is about CELLS which are automatically generated.

Author Aleck
Activator
#7 | Posted: 26 Apr 2002 22:27 
just wondering.. :)

i find it a little confusing from time to time. :)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 which template does what?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑