®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

User management

Author Reinhold
#1 | Posted: 17 Jan 2008 14:03 
Hi,

I changed from a "rented" forum to minibb. Since PHP is part of my web space, this offers more functionality and saves me money.

I made the new forum productive and more and more users are registering. So a few questions about user management came up.

1.) It seems that only the administrator is able to accept/approve new registrations, but not the moderators. I think that's not practical, because the job of the mods is to support the admin.

2.)When the admin gets an overview of all users (via the admin panel) he does not see whichs users are accepted and which aren't. I'd suggest to print unaccepted users in red, this would improve the overview.

3.)Is there a way to select a profile of a certain user? The only possibilities that I see at the moment are either you catch a topic or a reply of this user or you find the user amoung the top 5 users of the statistiks. It would be very confvenient to open the profile of a certain user without looking for a topic or reply of him.

4.)Reading the manual did not show me a way how an accepted/approved user can be informed via email. Or have I overseen something?

But overall this is a great BB software "minimal", but not overloaded.

Thanks and regards
Reinhold

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 18 Jan 2008 05:35 
1) Have you followed this solution?? So far I know moderators are 100% able to activate user's membership from the profile. So the only thing for them needed to know is that new user has been signed up, i.e. moderators should receive email notification about it, the same as admin. I think it would be possible to implement such thing at the add-on level.

Additionally, pre-moderation add-on would give you some more functions regarding approving the new users and their postings.

2) In admin panel, click "Search Users" and then choose from the dropdown "Member: [No]" - it will mean you're selecting only inactive users straight away.

3) Doesn't seem clear for me what do you mean. If you click on user's "Member" title under his nickname (for example like in my post here - 'Team member') you go to the user's profile straight away. If user has no such profile, it means he's posted as Guest.

4) Users naturally won't be informed about this (and I doubt it would be really necessary). However we could program some kind of custom add-on for this as well.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 User management
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑