®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Spam Bots love minibb

Author bbrian017
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 4 Oct 2007 09:18 
Out of all the demo's I have at my website your forums are the only ones that get spammed.

Whats this tell you or make you think.

Cheers

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 Oct 2007 10:21 
If you think you're getting spammed because of a weak software, you probably still have not paid attention to our Captcha add-on which increases the automated spam from 100% to 0%. So a beer investment will save your forums purity.

I suppose spammers just know your software is not protected that's why they are bombing it. As you see on our forums which are bombed each day, the spam doesn't seep in.

Anyway if the spammers begin to attack your forums, it's only the good sign. Spammers will not post on the site which is hard to find. That only means your site or forums have a targeting audience.

It also means the forums could be found easily not only by spammers, but also by other visitors - most possibly in Google. That proves miniBB is the software which gets you visitors faster than anything else ;-)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Spam Bots love minibb
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑