Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Merry Christmas 2022

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 24 Dec 2022 08:41 
To Paul and my fellow miniBB users,

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year!

@Paul — thank you for your continued development of miniBB and for the wonderful support you provide.

Best wishes,
marsbar

Author wmead
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 25 Dec 2022 21:16 
marsbar

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else still using and those coming to minibb.

Paul

I have used this software on and off for close to a decade during work related tasks and various past and existing projects.

Went ahead and bought the plugins more than once when i have had extra money to support the development because this software is simple enough yet advanced enough i was able to implement Pureftpd using mysql Database for our clients with ease.

We orignally used smf moved to Vbulletin, then Xenforo now my work and all of my clients willing to let me configure and install use minibb as it fits most personal and company projects perfectly.

Hope you have a very merry christmas and a great new year. If you are not a big fan of it then Happy holidays :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 26 Dec 2022 15:20 
Thank you so much!

I'm happy to know my work helps others.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and let the upcoming year of 2023 be more peaceful and calm than the current one.

Cheers! :-)

Happy New Year 2023

Author Kingsman
#4 | Posted: 12 Jan 2023 18:07 
Happy year 2023 to everybody on this forum and website, and let's expect minibb will have a new version this year.
Cheers :)

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 14 Jan 2023 11:57 
thank you Paul for your work. it has been usefull to so much peoples ...

I have a commercial website and would like to add a community. Is miniBB an option for a free forum linked to a commercil website in 2023 ?

i mean in term of vulnerability, compatibility with php and mysql future versions

is there a deadline ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 15 Jan 2023 18:57 
Guest:
I have a commercial website and would like to add a community. Is miniBB an option for a free forum linked to a commercil website in 2023 ?
Not sure I understood your question completely... you could use miniBB for any kind of website. So far there's just one common version for all purposes. If you'd like to remove the reciprocal link, purchase the Commercial License key, which is not a lifetime option, but considering the frequency of recent releases, it could handle the right of miniBB link removal for many years. This allowance is set up for many versions in advance.

As soon as I don't have plans to re-program the miniBB's PHP code, it also could mean the security issues could be discovered quite rarely. Regarding the previous remark,

Kingsman:
let's expect minibb will have a new version this year
– I truly expect to release the updated miniBB version in February-March 2023. During 2 years, on my own and from customers feedback, I've collected some issues which could make it even better. But even for this update, there will be no security issues.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Merry Christmas 2022
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑