®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Link to Message Anchor

Author harootun
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 Feb 2007 15:08 
I'm sure this one is simple, but I can't figure it out. I would like to point a link to a specific message on a topic in my forum.

On this forum, when you click on the "#" that appears in every post, the page in the browser moves to that anchor (so it is at the top of the browser). On my site, the page doesn't move in the browser when you click on the "#".

On this forum, the link to the "#' contains (as a random example):
(http:)//www.minibb.com/forums/12_2703_0.html#msg16721

On my site, the "#" contains extra info:
(http:)//www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=1 6#msg32

How do I adjust this and set it up properly? Do I need to insert an {$anchor} into my main_post_cells.html?

Sorry for my ignorance. I have tried to look in the manual and on this board to figure it out myself, but haven't had any luck. I'm sure it's there but I missed it!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Feb 2007 03:19 
It would be smart from your side just to check original main_post_cells.html template and to know what you are missing in your modified file ;-)

What we have now for the anchor being working correctly, is the tag:

<a name="msg{$cols[6]}"></a>

So the anchor link is:

<a href="#msg{$cols[6]}">#</a>

So msg{$cols[6]} is the variable you need to paste.

Author harootun
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 11 Feb 2007 09:57 
Thanks, Paul. As you figured out, it was once again my own stupidity -- I mucked about with the original main_post_cells.html and took out the <a name="msg{$cols[6]}" that was wrapped around the {$postername}, and that got rid of the anchor.

Sorry to waste everyone's time!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 11 Feb 2007 10:35 
No problem, hope this thread will be useful for somebody else as well.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Link to Message Anchor
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑