It seems all works related to the miniBB Compiler
, making it compatible with all current add-ons designed for miniBB 3.3
(and which were previously included in Compiler), are now finally completed
. I've tested it compiling all add-ons possible and it seems to work. A few adjustments were made to the Compiler template, but it still stays the same well-known thing as previously.
Additionally, the Mobile/Responsive Layout add-on
is now possible to auto-compile, too (*purchasing it in advance* like the other Premium addons).
You're welcome to test, compile, install and report any bugs here in this thread.
Here comes a little plan of miniBB 3.3 post-works (after so long work done I need to define my priorities on this list, but if you feel something should be on top of this list, welcome to post about it as well):
- Release of miniBB 3.3.1
, collecting all fixes and extras discovered while working on the Compiler and custom forums; specially those affecting pure unicode non-latin forums.
- Release and addition to the Compiler of the Contact-Us add-on
- the one we use here on miniBB.com for our Contacts Form
; during this year I've added a lot of things to prevent spam and still not lose any message which could be sent via this form; instead of about 50 of spam messages sent each day, now only about 1-2 truly reach my inbox; but anyone could configure it to prevent spam at the absolute level. This all thanks to the combination of auto-banning IPs and prohibited library of keywords. I'll describe it in more details on the Release page; it still needs some little things polished. This will be a paid add-on.
- Release (and possible addition to the Compiler) of the Sitemaps add-on
for miniBB forums, the key thing for SEO. On miniBB forums and some other customer forums, we already use an initial version of it, but it still may need a few of fixes, so it's on about 80% of development stage. This is planned to be a free add-on.
- Work out and release of the User Posts add-on
- similarly to Facebook's "Activity Log", this add-on would list all user messages straight on one page (or in paginated mode for more messages), and could be attached to the Profile page's "Recent replies posted" via an external link. This add-on is still in the draft mode.
- An automatic tool to create a custom Skin for miniBB
quickly and easily, and possible making it adjusted with Adobe Color CC.
Kudos for following miniBB.
Keep to stay tuned! :)