®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Edit Profile

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 14:27 
Have added the 'Signature' add-on, but when I try to add a signature I get the following message:

Sorry! Wrong input.: This email address appears to be malformed, or it has been already taken by another member.

I'm obviously trying to 'edit' my existing profile.
What am I doing wrong?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 14:50 
Ah - the issues ONLY exists with OLD users.
(I'm testing on an old forum I built some years back, and have not modified in ages, so this is not related to the new forum I am building.)

If I register as a NEW user I can then edit the user profile.
But, any existing old user cannot edit their profile data...

Any idea why?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 14:57 
If it helps, I get this error message even if I do not try to change anything, rather than the:

"It appears no changes were made to your Profile, so no details were updated."

message...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 16:52 
Steve Shaw:
This email address appears to be malformed, or it has been already taken by another member.
This message is not related to the Signature. Something could be truly wrong with an email address.

Whatever else I could add, is that you should relate things to the new forum only. If some of the newer add-ons wouldn't work with the older unsupported core, I couldn't provide much support on it.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 17:00 
Hi Paul - I am testing this on an old, unrelated forum, with no new add-ons.
I cannot change any element of the profile that I should be able to change - 'show email address'. etc).

The email is not malformed, and only belongs to the user in question.

Something looks to be broken...

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 17:09 
Steve Shaw:
I cannot change any element of the profile that I should be able to change - 'show email address'. etc).
This is another thing, but I definitely couldn't say what's wrong without deeply looking at codes. If it worked previously and doesn't work now then yes... something has been changed on your side which only you could know about.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 18:01 
Where/how does minibb check the email address when updating a profile?
I've gone through the SQL database and can see no issues.

Any suggestions appreciated...

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 18:40 
Ah!
Could it be an issues when the '$admin_email' is the same as the email used for the 'user'...
The '$admin_email' used in the 'setup_options.php' file has ended up being the same as 'my' personal 'user email', with the Admin log-in being a different registered email.

Does that make sense?

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 18:51 
Yeah! That was the problem!
No idea how I got the messed-up on two different forums, but I did!

Changing the '$admin_email' to a unique one, linked to the actual Admin log-in, worked.

Steve

Author sonamroy
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 3 Aug 2019 09:24 
Everyone can not add signature in his post,when forum admin allows to you add signature,you will be get messge about that,
after that you can add signature in your post.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 4 Aug 2019 01:05 
sonamroy
It's a bit of wrong point. In miniBB, if the Signatures addon is installed, it means any member could add Signatures to post. Signatures could be limited in means of features (like external URLs or images), and this is surely regulated by forums admin, but this is about deep level administerig per forum in whole, not per a certain member level.

Author HenrikJ
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 9 Jul 2020 18:18 
I thought the signature should be added in through settings in the member's profile. On some sites the url can be inserted into the signature, on others it is fobidden to do. Each website has its own rules.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Edit Profile
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑