®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Cannot get mobile plugin to work

Author bintel
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Jul 2017 00:40 
I installed the mobile plugin and setup the subdomain. The subdomain showed empty file "Index of/". I disabled the redirection so it should not go to the subdomain folder which has nothing in it.

I went over the instructions many times and still not working. Am I missing something?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Jul 2017 17:01 
At first, you should have miniBB forums installed and running. Second, you should set up the sub-domain so when opening it, your forums are displayed like from their main URL. Third, apply all configurations like they are described in Readme.

You could also contact me via Contact Us form, and I could set it up for you for $6.

Author TeresaTHaga
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Jun 2018 13:21 
In many forums we often cannot obtain the mobile view properly. We will get a view similar to that of desktop view . This will be irritating to the visitors. So I need to know whether the minibb forums support mobile view. If so what can we do to mobile view plugin to our forum. I am a new user of this forum. I am not able post a new topic . So I asked my question in this topic. Please tell me how can I post a new topic in Forum.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 9 Jun 2018 17:44 
TeresaTHaga:
So I need to know whether the minibb forums support mobile view.
Yes, it does support the Mobile view/Responsive mode, or at least, it fully will - in June/July 2018. You could run Mobile-Friendly Test by Google, entering our forums URL https://www.minibb.com/forums/ , or http://minibb.org/minibb-test.php (which is about a full demo with all popular add-ons installed), and you should see these URLs are passing the test properly.

Note that this will be fully supported in the upcoming miniBB ver. 3.3, which finalized version is about to come next week. The current stable version 3.2.2 does not support mobile modes and responsive layouts.

TeresaTHaga:
If so what can we do to mobile view plugin to our forum. I am a new user of this forum.
The official Mobile module/template will be released as soon as ver. 3.3 is released. This should happen in a few weeks. The cost will be $10.

TeresaTHaga:
I am not able post a new topic . So I asked my question in this topic. Please tell me how can I post a new topic in Forum.
Click any forum title from the front page you'd like to post your topic in. Start New Topic link is located on the right-hand side of the top part of the forum section; as well it's located in the top menu. Clicking it will bring you to the bottom of the page, where a New Topic form is located (note that in some forums, you are not allowed to create a new topic, so you will see this link/form in a forum section only if it's allowed to you).

Author menang881
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Jul 2018 06:33 
Thank for this information.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 8 Oct 2018 14:49 
Quick notes: a Mobile module/template is now released and available for purchase/download/installation; also in the Compiler. The mobile view in this version is turned on automatically if the forum is browsed from a mobile device; or at least it's supposed to work that way. Installation of a special related "mobile sub-domain" is not necessary anymore.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Cannot get mobile plugin to work
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑