miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

forum for registered users only (the $allForumsReg option and its variations)

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#76 | Posted: 3 Sep 2013 18:57 
Stryker
Ok - first page layout?.. Modern (default like we have here) or "old school"?

I mean, where do you have those login forms. On the first page only, right? I need to repeat this on my end to check. So login forms are coming differently for different layout types.

Author Stryker
Partaker
#77 | Posted: 4 Sep 2013 21:55 
It is the default/modern style and no hacks or template-modifications.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#78 | Posted: 5 Sep 2013 11:51 
I'm still confused.

Are you taking my code which was posted as #59 reply in this thread?

And you having $allForumsReg enabled?

But this is what I'm talking about (and my thread explains it): my hack is ONLY for $regUsrForums setting i.e. when $allForumsReg is disabled; this is WHAT I was trying to tell you in the very first answer. Also, my reply clearly says that for hiding all forums from guests locate the hack posted above in this thread.

If you have $allForumsReg enabled and you want ALL forums available to members only AND you want to hide them from guests, then take the hack provided on the 2nd page of this thread (#18).

Also, if you have modern first page layout, it has User Login fields contained in templates/main_modern_layout.html (see the table at the top which contains {$user_logging}) - but this template, in a case of no-allwed forums to show, will not be loaded up at all. You need to bring login fields form to templates/main_header.html (paste it at the very bottom to this file). Then login fields will be displayed even if use is not logged in.

Most likely this also should be done for my own hack, but you need to be careful at what you're trying to implement, as there are 2 different methods.

Author johntdavis84
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 22 Sep 2016 20:16 
Thank you for explaining how to do this. I was wondering. :)

Author Mrken
#80 | Posted: 18 Nov 2021 13:26 
abadr:
$allForumsReg=TRUE;
Thanks for this, you helped me alot

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 forum for registered users only (the $allForumsReg option and its variations)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑