News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 3.0 is pre-released

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 13 Jan 2012 12:20 
error404:
Sorry,I didn't see it!
It's not a problem. You are most likely from those people don't seeing their noses, which are approx. 80% of the population on Earth.

Author error404
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 14 Jan 2012 19:11 
Paul
I only want to say,I'm a Chinese,My English is poor ,so please not take so much notice of it!
(Maybe there are many grammer problems)

Author error404
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 14 Jan 2012 19:18 
Paul,hou can post a new topic?
I couldn't find the button!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 16 Jan 2012 11:49 
You couldn't find the button, 'cause there is no such button in miniBB.

It's much simpler than you can imagine: enter any forum, go to the end of topics listing and discover the new topic form. Also you may click "Start new topic" on top of pages and be located to this forum automatically.

The forum, of course, should be opened for new topics; here on miniBB, we don't have "News & Announcements", "FAQ" forums opened for new topics, I hope you understand why.

Author tom322
#20 | Posted: 16 Jan 2012 18:47 
Regarding 3.0, I like Arial font (I used to prefer Verdana in the past for some reason). I'm changing to Arial as it looks simpler ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 16 Jan 2012 22:11 
Thanks,
It may look strange, but it really provides more comfort on the screen for some reason.
IMHO ;)

Author tom322
#22 | Posted: 17 Jan 2012 00:33 
Paul:
It may look strange, but it really provides more comfort on the screen for some reason.
At first it seemed strange indeed, but after a while of testing on one of my sites I'm changing it for good ;) Another benefit - font takes less space so more text can fit.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 17 Jan 2012 11:48 
tom322:
font takes less space so more text can fit
That's it.

Author Guest
~
#24 | Posted: 17 Jan 2012 21:45 
Hello,

I have almost all add-ons installed in my forum if I run new version would add-ons work with it?

Regards,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 18 Jan 2012 12:47 
As I wrote above, almost all add-ons should be compatible with this release.

Rarely only the layout may be incompatible, I'm working on that these days. Even if so, you can easily adjust it yourself, if required.

Currently, I can only confirm that still the "New topic form" and "Multiple Topics Action" add-ons currently are not compatible with miniBB 3.

Author parramattacityl
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 08:11 
Thanks for that.................

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 3.0 is pre-released
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑