miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Favorites

Author harootun
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Feb 2011 22:26 
I'm experiencing a problem with my setup with the "Favorites" feature. For Topics that are only one page, the "Add to Favorites" link on the upper right on the page does not show up. However it does show up if the Topic is more than one page (and the page navigation shows up on the left side as well as the "add to favorites" on the right).

I checked the demo forum, and the same thing happens there. "Add to favorites" isn't there if the topic is only one page. But here, on this forum, the "Add to favorites" link shows up on every topic page, regardless of whether it's one page or more than one page.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Feb 2011 13:44 
It could be because of <!--pageNav-->...<!--/pageNav--> tags under templates/main_posts.html.

In the recent release miniBB will cut off HTML between those tags, but if you have a "Favorite" link put in this block, just remove the tags so the script will never touch it.

Author harootun
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Feb 2011 19:07 
That's it. Thanks so much!

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 22:37 
Hey Paul, thanks for all the help that you are posting here. I am actually learning a lot of things going through all the threads. What I like the most is that you explain each problem very clearly and give reason for each reason that you give. I just like to grasp each and everything from your tips.

Author paul88
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 22:38 
Hey Paul, thanks for all the help that you are posting here. I am actually learning a lot of things going through all the threads. What I like the most is that you explain each problem very clearly and give reason for each reason that you give. I just like to grasp each and everything from your tips.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 11 Feb 2011 05:02 
paul88
Thank you! I'm trying and still learning, too. I appreciate your understanding and support of this. Not everyone is up to it :) Good luck in studying.

Author Prince
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 25 Jul 2012 01:24 
How to prevent viewing Moderators or Admin favorites by other mods?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 25 Jul 2012 13:50 
Not sure what do you mean with that. Do you mean the "public favorites" option? That one visible on user's profile?
There is a setting that could switch it off.

addon_favorites_options.php -> $allowPublicFavorites=FALSE; //switch it that way

Author Prince
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 25 Jul 2012 17:47 
Paul:
Not sure what do you mean with that. Do you mean the "public favorites" option? That one visible on user's profile?
No not that one.. I disabled Public Favorites.. But still Moderators can see each other's & Users Favorites even Admins favorites!
I wanted to disable that also and it would be completely private for all even Moderators!

Author syapa
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 27 Aug 2012 23:29 
thank you so much !!

Author sabrinaclough
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 22 Nov 2012 11:56 
Hello all,

Paul,you are great, thanks for all the help.You are sharing nice information through forum and i have really learning a lot of things going through all the threads.

Keep it up!

Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Favorites
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑