miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

The Star is Born... and miniBB version 2.4.1 released, too!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 25 Dec 2009 07:11 
Merry Christmas to everybody which celebrates them, Happy Holidays to those who just relax these days, and Successful Shopping and Drinking for everybody from miniBB team ;-)

To finish up the 2009, we have the last version released this year. It contain only minor core improvements and user interface extensions, sharing more comfort to its users and customers, and getting even more stable and attractive in terms of speed and usability.

In this version it's now possible to customize the width and height of forum icons without major modifications of templates; there is improved Quotation mechanism for forum fans which love to reply and quote other messages often; there are also layout improvements and auto-login provided after registration, and few minor fixes. No security holes this time [jingle bells ;)]

The Quoting and Replying mechanism is improved to provide dynamic links through the whole thread. Now, if you click "Reply", it will focus on Reply box pasting the Username of the poster; if you click "Quote" without selecting the text, it will give an alert like in older versions. There is a major improvement on Quoting: click "Quote", write in your reply, then click on the little "arrow-up" icon near "Your Reply" heading - you should quickly get back to the quoted message, to continue replying in the same thread to many users at once.

You may need to update the /* File Upload addon hack parseTopic part */ providing new forum icons width, as well as Checker's add-on's templates/addon_checker_queue_cell.html to redefine width and height in the new dynamic manner. However it's not mandatory, because older 16x16 px format will work well with those add-ons.

Take your newest miniBB version today or right in the new year, and as usually, follow our Updating Guide to upgrade even hardly customized versions.

We have also updated our full miniBB demo website to have the newest release, so you're welcome to report bugs and errors if you are able to repeat them there.

Enjoy :-)

Author jontrac
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 25 Dec 2009 22:20 
Thanks Paul. I will update immediately! ;)

Updates:

Successfully updated to 2.4.1! :)

Author Nalinith
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 26 Dec 2009 09:36 
Thanks Paul! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 26 Dec 2009 11:05 
Thank you so much.. and Merry Christmas...

if you click "Reply", it will focus on Reply box pasting the Username of the poster;

I want old design.. I mean click on username ID then it do same job of "Reply" in Posts..
for example.. click on your user name "Paul" , then in posted text it shows : Paul
I did some script but it gaves this: undefined

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 26 Dec 2009 20:14 
Merry Christmas! :)

Thanks Paul - not only for the new release - but also for being diligent in describing exactly what changed in the Update History file, it helps a LOT to follow the upgrades.

Author ericj
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 28 Dec 2009 23:11 
Hey, what a gift !! :)

Many thanks and the best for all of you.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 29 Dec 2009 03:28 
Danny2000:
I want old design.. I mean click on username ID then it do same job of "Reply" in Posts..
Edit templates/main_posts_cell.html.

Put {$pLink1}, {$pLink2} around {$viewReg}, i.e.

{$pLink1}{$viewReg}{$pLink2}
Surround {$posterName} of this template with the following code:

<a href="JavaScript:paste_strinL('', 2, '', '', '', '{$posterNameJs}', '{$cols[6]}')">{$posterName}</a>
I've tested it on my side and it works.

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 29 Dec 2009 15:06 
Paul:
I've tested it on my side and it works.
Cool.. It works..

Author outspoken
#9 | Posted: 31 Dec 2009 03:58 
Just wanted to thank you as well!
We recently integrated minibb in a big community, where we handled everything with a simple selfcoded forum.

MiniBB was greatly appreciated by the users!
The Poll Addon as well!

This is such an awesome piece of work.
Cannot thank you enough!

Happy new year!!

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 2 Jan 2010 06:42 
If I remember correctly, there was Yugoslavia in the main_dataform.html file in that country field. Yugoslavia is no more. I'm not an expert in this, but I think that there is now Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo instead.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 4 Jan 2010 03:07 
kuopassa
Thank you, we've fixed this in the main package.

If we trust Wikipedia, the former Yugoslavia now consists of: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 4 Jan 2010 17:54 
OK, nice! That Kosovo did declare itself as an independent nation, but it has not yet been recognized worldwide. The country where I live has recognized it. But Russia has not yet, so... This is sort of political issue. ;-)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#13 | Posted: 3 Mar 2010 06:11 
Hi Paul/Team,
A belated happy new year to you and yours. Many thanks for your nice Christmas gift of v2.4.1--finally got around to opening it earlier.
-mb
Edit: happily running v2.4.1 now (had a slight hiccup during the upgrade).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 3 Mar 2010 08:37 
Better later than never ;-) thank you!
What kind of "hiccup" did you have with 2.4.1?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#15 | Posted: 4 Mar 2010 02:53 
Hi Paul!

Paul:
What kind of "hiccup" did you have with 2.4.1?
Oh, the hiccup was caused by human error (read: my fault!): the reply function did not work as intended; i.e. I kept getting a pop-up error message saying that some text needed to be selected first. As it turned out, I had not updated form.js properly.

Thanks to the script being separate from presentation code, upgrading miniBB had always been very straightforward for me ... until the 'modern style templates' were introduced. As I have chosen to stick with the classic style templates, upgrading for me now usually means a good hour's work to correctly identify and transfer any necessary changes to make my templates compatible with the latest version of miniBB. I hope future releases of miniBB will continue to work with the classic templates! And more so I look forward to the day when upgrading requires nothing more than overwriting core script files! ;-) Long live miniBB!

-mb (happy user since v1.x)

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 The Star is Born... and miniBB version 2.4.1 released, too!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑