®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

preferences have disappeared

Author Amaris
#1 | Posted: 18 Oct 2006 16:09 
Hi,
I just uploaded a new version of mini bb cause I could not get some addons to work in the old version.
Everything went rather smoothly but now as I log in as admin, and try to go to preferences I get this messsage: There was a database error. Please report this problem (what you were trying to do etc.) to boards administrator, or contact the authors of this forum software.

Any ideas?

Other thing I noticed, all the member information disappeared, only admin pass works...???

Author Amaris
#2 | Posted: 18 Oct 2006 16:42 
Ok, I just got the preferences back for admin anyway. I just changed something and it worked, but I still have the problem that there is no members, for example my own member profile amonst others have dissapeared, but it will not let me create a new profile either with the 'old' name I had.

Hope you can help...

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#3 | Posted: 19 Oct 2006 01:33 
You may be missed to update your old database to the newest structure.

If so, you have to update it with the script convdb.php from THIS archive. You must copy it in the main forum directory together with the file !UPDATE_DB.sql from THIS archive and run the first file - convdb.php through your browser.

Alternatively, the update of the DB can be also made through phpMyAdmin or what other MySQL database administration tool you have. In such case you must import through it all the quieries from the said file - !UPDATE_DB.sql - and execute them. If you receive some error messages, don't worry, they most likely mean that some of the quieries are not needed because some fields in the DB are already up to date.

But! Before doing any of this two things, make a backup copy of your existing DB - for any case.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2006 02:17 
Obviously, the problem description is very weak. No concrete facts, URLs, errors. miniBB team can help you, but only for a fee. Investigating custom projects for free would let us work 48 hours per day.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 preferences have disappeared
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑