miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

"Bad" words filter

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author michael1234
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 20 Aug 2006 21:18 
By the way, feel free to use my list if you want. Enjoy!

Author Team
8-)
#32 | Posted: 21 Aug 2006 22:09 
michael1234
longer words should come first or else it won't work

Author Anonymous
#33 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 17:08 
thanx michael1234 for the list. i run into this problem also. his example is association. blocked ***ociation. my problem was class cl***. the word list is in order by longer words. bad words addon is not working.

do you have a fix?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 18:53 
longer words should come first or else it won't work
Have you followed this solution?..

Author Anonymous
#35 | Posted: 25 Aug 2006 00:28 
I don't understand. The list above does show it is in order based on character length.

Am I wrong? Show me an example of what you are talking about versus what is displayed.

Author Sergei
Team member
#36 | Posted: 25 Aug 2006 03:00 
hmm.. yes, i see - visually it looks like some of them are shorter :) Try to remove these words from the list:

Motha Fucker
Motha Fukkah
Motha Fukker
Mother Fukah
Mother Fuker
Mutha Fucker
Mutha Fukkah
Mutha Fukker

f u c k e r

etc :)

basically any of them - containing spaces and let us know how it worked.

Author teva
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 9 Jan 2004 14:28 
12 Oct 2006 18:40 - Attached on merging:
badword plugin

After adding badword plugin into bb_plugin.php i get
Notice: Undefined variable: warn in /home/sites/web/forum/bb_func_vtopic.php on line 103
when writing new topic.
Any idea?
tnx

Author Team
8-)
#38 | Posted: 9 Jan 2004 15:33 
miniBB version?

Author teva
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 9 Jan 2004 15:34 
oops...sorry
version is 1.6

Author Team
8-)
#40 | Posted: 9 Jan 2004 15:37 
Strange, but it should work with 1.6. Could you give exact URL?

Author teva
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 10 Jan 2004 11:42 
http://maat-center.sameks.si/forum/

There is also problem, that no user can write any new message. It throws out some error in badword.php. I'm not relly sure, because a user notified me. It also says that the message can't be sent, because it's empty.
Hope this helps

I get this warning when replying to message

Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter. in /home/sites/web/forum/badwords.php on line 5

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/web/forum/badwords.php on line 6

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/sites/web/forum/badwords.php on line 10

Author Team
8-)
#42 | Posted: 12 Jan 2004 10:26 
I guess you need to checkout your badwords list more carefully, if you have changed it. With default file, everything is working ok.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#43 | Posted: 15 Jan 2004 03:40 
been using a modified version of the smilies plugin for a badwords filter and it does a pretty good job.

instead of smilies you have the bad word on the first line and the replacement word on the line below it.

Author Team
8-)
#44 | Posted: 15 Jan 2004 10:26 
teva
just copy/paste us what you have in your badwords.txt file or give us a link :) or download the file from our downloads section and try it with our default file

Author Anonymous
#45 | Posted: 25 Nov 2006 08:49 
If the badword is detected, is it possible to disallow the user to post his message completely?

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 "Bad" words filter
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑