®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Hardware specifications?

Author Coen
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 Jul 2002 00:10 
I'd like to ask to one of the team members what the hardware specifications are of the server of this forum.

I want to do some performance estimations with other bulletin boards.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 22 Jul 2002 10:47 
Coen
Sergei was tested miniBB even on 386 machine with 4 Mb RAM (on Windows!). It seems, everything worked fine.

Btw, in release 1.4 we want to INCREASE speed, splitting up the core and replacing template parser.

Author Coen
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Jul 2002 14:28 
That wasn't really my question.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 22 Jul 2002 16:04 
We can say, that actually there are no limitations in hardware. Every machine running PHP must run this board.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#5 | Posted: 22 Jul 2002 18:04 
could you install the boards for comparison on one server?

when i started using minibb, it was after installing and trying a lot of other boards - although the only things i actually thought about were:

'how quickly is running this going to get on my nerves'

'how quickly is visiting this going to get on my visitors nerves'

'how much time am i going to spend stripping out all the crap i don't want'

it'd be good to see some solid comparative numbers between this and other forums.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Hardware specifications?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑