®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Message menu graphic icons instead of text links

Author ivan79
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 04:59 
How to put icons instead of link for reply, quote, edit, delete links?

I did it only for edit link, but cant find for other buttons.

Here is screen shot
Graphics / Buttons

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 06:49 
It's miniBB. No graphics involved in the root interface by purpose. Just take the other software if you don't like it, this would be my very first recommendation.

Anyway, to change "Reply"/"Quote" links take a look at the getQuotation function of templates/main_posts.html - it generates the output in intxt value. There could be different output for that as you may see. "Delete" is formed under $deleteM variable of bb_func_vthread.php.

You have to go through quite a lot of files. Additionally, you must understand how miniBB works. What you see in the basic version, is not everything miniBB may have for message tools. There could be "Move", "Rate Karma" and other add-ons links as well. Also for multi-language board you must have separate icons/pictures in each language.

I hope you are professional coder enough to find where to edit this or that. I personally don't have time to give to give instructions in over programming the software...

But - with such modifications you sacrifice upgrading possibilities. So just once again... if you don't like it - better take another software which has it by default.

Author ivan79
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 08:20 
Paul, thanks for reply.

I understand perfectly that MiniBB has no graphical interface. I just wanted to experiment and add this few image buttons. Also, I tried and other forum software and I like MiniBB (cause its small, functional, fast...). Only I did not understand this about karma, because I didnt noticed that addon.

Anyway, thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 08:28 
"Karma" is a Premium add-ons, distributed amongst few other add-ons only to trusted Premium customers privately and not distributed officially.

Author ivan79
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 10:24 
Thats interesting.

I noticed Skin Chooser plugin...I also make quick style change plugin for myself. Can I share with others?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 15:15 
You can share it with the others for sure :-)

I would share too if I would time to support all that. MiniBB in whole already appears too much work, so I don't have time resources to support more...

I have a bit other kind of solution - the skin is chosen under member's profile, so it's specific for each member.

Author ivan79
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 17:36 
Here it is:
Quick Style Change (drop-down box)

Thats "cookie based" style change .

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Message menu graphic icons instead of text links
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑