Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Add new file extensions to FileUpload?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Jul 2023 12:44 
Hi Paul,

I'm trying to add a couple of specific file extensions to FileUpload...
The file types are specific to our users, and are based on .txt files, with different extensions.

I've added the new file types to: $uplFileTypeAssociations=array( and $uplFileSizes=array(, and there is no error message when uploading, but the post doesn't show the fields as being attached.

Guess I'm missing something else...

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 18 Jul 2023 16:58 
I've coded and released a simple script for helping to determine the new or unknown file type properly.

Please check the news feed for a quick readme, then download the script (it's free), and execute it for the file(s) you'd like to add. Check it out in different browsers, as they may give different values for the same file extension.

For most of specific extensions, the type to add would be application/octet-stream, but it all depends on the browser.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Jul 2023 18:49 
Thanks for all the help!

Steve

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Add new file extensions to FileUpload?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑