miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Remove some fields on the Registration form, but leave them on the Profile's Editing form

Author ivan79
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 10 Jun 2010 20:32 
Can I remove some fields from registration page, but not in User Control Panel?

I want only this fields on registration page:
Name, Password (and confirm), Email, Public Email (yes/no), Choose Language.

So I want to remove this fields on registration page (not in user CP):
Website, Occupation, From, User Interests, Country.

Thanks in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 11 Jun 2010 03:00 
User Control Panel? What do you mean by that?

You can remove these fields safely. They will be left in database just as empty values.

Author ivan79
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 11 Jun 2010 03:42 
I mean that user can edit his profile data (when he click on "Profile" link a.k.a. User Control Panel), but dont show some fields on registration page.

Example:
When user click to register he can see following fields:
Username
Password
Email
Email address displayed publicly?
Language

But other (additional) data he can fill/edit in his "Profile" link (Website, Occupation, From, User Interests, Country etc.)

I hope its clear now. :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 11 Jun 2010 04:22 
Well, this would be possible, but will require core file modification, specifically, bb_func_regusr.php. Where you see the code

$tpl=makeUp('user_dataform');
it should be something like

$tpl=makeUp('user_dataform_reg');
Then under templates/user_dataform_reg.html put the copy of modified user_dataform.html.

I would recommend then to put all fields you don't want to appear, as "hidden" elements with empty values. I.e.

<input type="hidden" name="website" value="" />
and so on.

Author ivan79
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 11 Jun 2010 04:40 
Thanks Paul!

Working great! :)

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 11 Jun 2010 09:00 
I would recommend to leave all the fields on registration form, otherwise few members will bother to fill out anything else later ;).

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Remove some fields on the Registration form, but leave them on the Profile's Editing form
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑