miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

cookie domain

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 6 Apr 2003 12:38 
i'm having a minor cookie issue -- pretaining mostly to the cookie domain. when i don't set the cookie domain, i can't log in. when i set the cookie domain to www.domain.tld (not my domain name, obviously), it works fine so long as the WWW is present, but whenever anyone goes to my site sans WWW, the cookie problem once again resurfaces.

is there a way to set the cookie domain so that it worls with and without the WWW?

Author 4days
Champi0n
#2 | Posted: 6 Apr 2003 17:22 
think all the parameters for cookies are optional including the domain.

but if you're just neglecting to provide a cookie domain in setup_options.php then it's not going to work. you'll have to go into index.php and take out the part that references that parameter (ie: take it out of the setcookie line).

Author Sergei
Team member
#3 | Posted: 7 Apr 2003 06:53 
Try setting $cookiedomain=$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 7 Apr 2003 11:01 
ah, yes, that last one did the trick, thank you Sergei, much appreciated.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 cookie domain
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑