Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Forums Checker bug

Author Vishal
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 01:25 
I think I have discovered a bug in the addon. Here's the scenario:

I open the forum checker. I close the checker without checking out. I mean I do not click on the messages and hit the "Check-Out Selected" button. Now, if there's a new reply in the topic, which I hadn't checked out, the old reply is not shown if I open the checker again. The "New Replies" field however shows the correct number of messages I haven't checked out (old messages + new messages).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 03:14 
Sorry I can't understand in full what do you mean.

Specially this:

Now, if there's a new reply in the topic, which I hadn't checked out, the old reply is not shown if I open the checker again.

What kind of reply do you mean? Does it mean "PREVIEW" of the message listed under topic's title?

Checker caches all previews you see on its page. If amount of previewed messages exceeds the limit set in $previewPostsMax, they won't be displayed.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Oct 2007 05:50 
What kind of reply do you mean? Does it mean "PREVIEW" of the message listed under topic's title?

Yes. Preview of message under a topic.

Checker caches all previews you see on its page. If amount of previewed messages exceeds the limit set in $previewPostsMax, they won't be displayed.

I have $previewPostsMax=100 and $limitTopics=100. There were only 7-8 topics and one message (preview) under each topic. I simply made an extra test post under one of the topics. When I re-opened the checker, only one message preview was available (the test one). The old preview of message under the respective topic was not there. But the "New Replies" field of the corresponding topic was showing as "2".

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 16 Oct 2007 09:31 
Hmm yes there was such kind of bug... I've updated the Checker's version to 2.0.6. Please download, update and report me how it works.

Thank you.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Oct 2007 01:01 
It's working fine now!

Thanks!

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Forums Checker bug
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑