®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Closed forums bug?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 16 Oct 2005 11:55 
I've found this piece of code if bb_func_vfroum

if($user_id!=1 and isset($clForums) and in_array($row[0],$clForums) and isset($clForumsUsers[$row[0]]) and !in_array($user_id,$clForumsUsers[$row[0]])) $show=FALSE; else $show=TRUE;

Should be changed on smth like this:

if($user_id!=1 and isset($clForums) and in_array($forum,$clForums) and !(isset($clForumsUsers[$forum]) and in_array($user_id,$clForumsUsers[$forum]))) $show=FALSE; else $show=TRUE;

First, it's $forums agains $row[0]
Second - some logic bug, making closed forum without any users with clearence to be viewable.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 17 Oct 2005 12:08 
1. I am wondering where you have found this code. We have no such code in the latest release version.

2. There is no logical bug at all - we have a format of what is needed to be set in order to run closed forums. So, setting an empty array of forum users, you are allowing every user to see them. That's more than logical, because it is inclusive array, not exscluvie.

Your piece of code will work, when you set $clForums, but do not set $clForumsUsers at all, either create an empty array of them. This is not our format and in this case, you need to fix also another places, when the checking of closed forums exists.

In general, it is even not clear, why do you need to create a closed forum, where nobody except admin has access to.

Author Velleon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 17 Oct 2005 14:18 
Well, it's RC4b... i'll download the last version once more and will answer again

Author Velleon
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 17 Oct 2005 14:26 
Yep, you are right, i guess i got this code from bb_func_forums and copied to vforums then ... sorry :-\

Author Velleon
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Oct 2005 18:50 
But that's strange to make a closed forum opened for everyone. Hope you'll mention it in the forum's manual for better understanding.

And then again - if smb tries to access a topic in a closed forum directly - action=vtopic and etc -he'll be able to see it. That's no good.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 18 Oct 2005 15:14 
Velleon
I've explained already that you must set up this according to the FORMAT we have. So there is nothing strange, if you are not able to read how to do that.

Anyway, we will mention this in manual for the next ver., thanks.

And then again - if smb tries to access a topic in a closed forum directly - action=vtopic and etc -he'll be able to see it. That's no good. - sorry, didn't understand this. You mean - when $clForumsUsers is not set? It is not accessible, if everything is set correctly.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Closed forums bug?
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑