®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
2014 miniBB Support Forums / 2014 /  

April

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 4 May 2014 14:22 
The beginning of April was quite unpleasant. It became obvious that the Matrix is going to change around events even for more: when switching my PC on, I've got a message saying "On April 8, 2014, support and updates for Windows XP will no longer be available. Don't let your PC go unprotected." This even has been determined in Internet societies as "XPocalypse". More than 20% of PC owners, incl. me, used this OS by now and were quite happy.

XP - End of Support Alert

IMHO, Windows XP, by now, appears the best OS ever coded by Microsoft. I own a licensed version and it worked for about 10 years with just 2 or 3 complete re-installations, when I've bought a new PC.

Now it appears, the PC I've bought 5 years ago, will expire soon amongst XP. After Windows 8 analyzing tool, it threw to me the following:

Compatibility Details - Windows 8 Upgrading Tool

WTF?.. NX is not available?.. Secure boot?.. Screen resolution is too small?.. My PC is just 5 years old!

Microsoft:
Get a new PC
If your current PC can't run Windows 8.1, it might be time to consider shopping for a new one. Be sure to explore our great selection of new PCs. They're more powerful, lightweight, and stylish than ever before and with an average price that's considerably less expensive than the average PC was 10 years ago.
Most possibly, in the nearest future we will be forced to buy a new PC each year. Damn "technology"! This, again, shows the natural side of the computers world. Sometimes I was thinking there it's possible to build kind of system which would work for ages with no minor changes. Now it appears, computers world is up to regular and boring capitalism side: shopping. Work hard, earn money, even more money, even more - then shop, buy, die - the stupid wheel of the modern life. Obviously, software and hardware developers are closely connected to each other, so they constantly need "upgrades" and slowly, but surely become slaves of their own Matrix, instead of providing more automated processes.

I doubt now that I will ever change this PC. I will just switch the Internet from it to avoid external intrusions. I will keep all the software I love and got used to, and will continue to work with it, when necessary. Then I possibly buy a not expensive tablet PC just to send emails and browse Internet to read news or watch movies. Less computers = more life.

Microsoft:
Microsoft has provided support for Windows XP for the past 12 years. But now the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources toward supporting more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences.
Oh well, just yesterday I've got yet another legal update of Internet Explorer's security. Probably, Microsoft got some attack from the unhappy users because of stopping their most successful project up to date. And possibly, this update was related to some "0-day vulnerability" of IE. I've read in news that even local banks avoided customers from using IE because of that flaw.

Well, Windows XP was good; IE was never perfect. It's helpful only once: when the OS is installed from scratch and there is no other way to connect to Internet except using IE. Then, this connection is used at first to download Opera or Mozilla Firefox. Then IE should be closed, switched from the connection and never opened again.

For me it seems building miniBB like the "software for ages" in some term is also an utopic. Huge "updates" also affect PHP. In PHP 5.5, "the original MySQL extension is now deprecated". That means, lots of older websites will soon be closed, or they need to be re-coded to support MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extensions. That also means, miniBB needs a MySQLi module, which, luckily, is already coded, tested and needs to be released amongst the complete new version of this product. Hopefully I could plan this for May. Lots of work needs to be done because of that.

Another way would be to choose a never-switching from PHP 5.4.x. But the open source tehnology never stops as well. It brings more and more work, even more work, even more... I'm not sure: are computers making the life easier, afterall?..

Closer to the end of this month, the world turned on to the corpses theme. Again, I would avoid speaking of Ukraine, 'cause I'm not sure what's happening there. The fact is, there are lots of corpses and the war is coming even more closely to my state. Each day I'm watching lots of trace in the skies left by NATO planes and hearing their low frequency engines.

OMG, my mother left this world quite in time... I believe she's resting now in quiet peace. On the 40th Day after death, by the Old Believers tradition, I went to Rezekne again and visited their temple to order a ceremony of Wake. In total, I've paid 200 EUR in clean cash to this church. 150 EUR went for the "burial service" ritual. 20 EUR spent for 9 days Wake. Finally, 30 EUR spent for 40 days Wake.

I wonder how much money the God's institution earns nowadays. Whenever I was there, they were always having a corpse sung out. Since this little city is dying fast, they could have up to 5 corpses to service per day. And it's not including Wake ceremonies, or Christening, or whatever else. Thousands of EUR clean profit with no taxes just for saying some words almost noone understand or singing in a bad choir.

After watching all that, I don't understand what the current "Old Believers" traditions are about. If they are just up to more, even more profit, I would be happy to change this religion to something else. Unfortunately, my mom managed to impress me a deep understanding that a person should not change Religion s/he is in; else it's being considered a big "sin".

I never understood what kind of sins Christianity is about. God allowed the rogues to kill his Jewish Son, then they started to pray the Crucifix, and so to pray Jews and the Blood. If we take a look around, this is what surrounds the society all the ages: antisemitism and tons of brutality.

Maybe, if people would start to something else, they would get more light in their lives...

Life of Pi - scr.2

Just following my thoughts of this, I've got a chance to watch a perfect and impressive movie this month. It's called "The Life of Pi" - the most irony in it is, that the first letters of my name and surnames are also pronounced as "Pi". But the movie is about a boy from India, which discovers his path to God in a quite unusual way. I loved his cosmopolitan analysis of religions, and I felt in love with the art-of-state enigmas this movie provides. Highly recommended to everyone.

Life of Pi - scr.1

April does what he wants! Jaime's calender proves that, again...

Vacation in Lungau, April

Author BeLoved
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 5 Jun 2014 02:09 
HELLO AGAIN, Mr.Paul :) I came back here to expect some new of miniBB from May and I see there is just a little update on Moving messages add-on, so referrencing to your blog, I have to ask at first about the following:

miniBB needs a MySQLi module, which, luckily, is already coded, tested and needs to be released amongst the complete new version of this product. Hopefully I could plan this for May. Lots of work needs to be done because of that.
When we should expect this? I am ready to switch to miniBB mySQLi. In general, I expect you have lots of miniBB updates, so I am just impatient to wait for it! Let us know all of your plans regarding this, please... I think it's not an utopia what you do! Not at all... And:

software and hardware developers are closely connected to each other, so they constantly need "upgrades" and slowly, but surely become slaves of their own Matrix, instead of providing more automated processes...
It is true, but you don't have to stuck at this... If you think deeply, EVERYONE in this world connects to all other people ("butterfly effect"). Everyone connected deeply with mother, father and other relatives; when some connection is broken, a new connection appears... People is Earth's nation which could survive in the conditions while other animals can not... I think, there is no need to make problem of the "constant updates" , because this is a game we are Living In :)

They're more powerful, lightweight, and stylish than ever before...
Yes, hah, fashion is the most delightful game :) not important what you do, important is how you look, or what "image" you have... And since it is very difficult to build own image, people use others' achievements to create their own image... I agree, it could look stupid, but that how the global business works, and you have all chances to get it, I think, you only need to get on your work :)

But now the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to in-vest our resources toward supporting more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences.
Ha-ha-ha, Microsoft are clever guys, I am mostly sure they never ever stated in their License Agreements, that they will -charge- for their Licenses and at some day they use all the members money for "new experiences" (here I imagine how Bill Gates experiences a new helicopter or even a little rocket which brings him to the Moon :)

Luckily I am with Linux for a few years until now, so I am not disappointed of XP discontinued support :)

Then I possibly buy a not expensive tablet PC just to send emails and browse Internet to read news or watch movies. Less computers = more life.
I agree to the last said. Concerning the above written, I never thought I should buy a new computer because it is Stylish. Computers are just for my work, hobbies and much less for entertainment or showing up... But I would avoid to use tablets or even smartphones, because this or that is a little spy in your hand! And not Your spy... but which works for someone else...

In total, I've paid 200 EUR in clean cash to this church.
Once in my life I visited Madonna's concert and I have paid 200 USD per ticket in VIP area to see her live, because I wanted to see this show. I also saw Madonna playing with Crucifix in this show. For 200 USD, there was about 2.5 hrs of lights, music, live singing, tons of equipments and personnel involved, all visible like on another side of the small street. Truly, this was done for thousands of people at once... So I am wandering , what kind of ceremony "Old-Believers" suggest for such VIP price? I suppose, some kind of big collective involved, or something else spicey?.. I am not sure isn't it a well known "Religional group", like New Generation or similar... Whatever religion I met, they all are just up to money, so then where is God?.. Good question and suggestions you propose, very interesting...

Again, I would avoid speaking of Ukraine, 'cause I'm not sure what's happening there.
I am in hope you will give some thoughts on it in May... Honestly speaking, May passed me too quickly, because I started and ended each day with news, they all were about Ukraine and I think, if you have from a region tied closely with this country, you have some of very personal thoughts...

And yes, thanks for a recommendation to watch good movies again :) I watched the "Life of Pi" time ago, almost as soon as it has been released... This is a movie of Life, and of Pi ;)

Have a nice day Mr.Paul and will expect more news from you!:) God Luck!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2014 18:38 
BeLoved
Thank you for instantly watching this; it seems I was so busy in May that I've missed this month somehow :) I guess, I could write something in the next couple of days...

BeLoved:
When we should expect this? I am ready to switch to miniBB mySQLi.
Shame on me, I've claimed this in April and it's still nowhere :) sorry.

Well, the other project I'm working now, took too many additions and extra work, but this also will bring some new stuff in miniBB. So I have plans to release the newer miniBB as soon as we finish this project (or at least lead it to some pre-final stage). Which month? Not sure. July seems to be very approximate for this. But better I will not promise anything...

BeLoved:
what kind of ceremony "Old-Believers" suggest for such VIP price? I suppose, some kind of big collective involved, or something else spicey?..
Nothing truly spicey. They sing for Jesus in a little choir (4-5 persons), using the very ancient language and books, and this is not a show, if we don't count on candles, just a very regular and silent process. There are two different Singing processes for people who took part in the Communion service, and those who did not - for the last ones, the "personal" service will not be allowed. So despite the profits they get, they also give some very strange, weird rules for that... also, for the "personal" Singing case, they also go to the cemetery along relatives and perform couple of rituals there as well.

BeLoved:
Whatever religion I met, they all are just up to money, so then where is God?..
As many suppose, money is Devil's sign, so I'm stuck at this, too... not sure how it's all possible and where's the TRUE then...

Overall, I liked your thinking paths. Don't get lost and stay tuned :) thanks again.

2014 miniBB Support Forums / 2014 /
 April
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑