You'll find new version in Downloads
. Still, this package is oriented only on testers and people who could take responsibility. But we hope, no many errors/bugs will be found in our new product.
New version is available only
for mySQL users. We plan to make a more stable version for another databases in the future, also as to re-make all existing plug-ins to be compatible, in the next steps.
Please read !UPDATE.txt
file located inside the package and follow instructions in it, if you are upgrading. In our new politics, this file will be kept in each new version or subversion, describing all changes made, so people would be easy oriented what's happened from version to version and how to upgrade. Follow our manual
if you are installing from "zero"
New version includes the following:
* Optimization of mySQL module (3x times smaller than previous and much more universal, allowing to create addos and plugins with more pleasure)
* Optimization of mySQL requests, containing temporary tables, for faster execution.
* Complete working with register_globals set to OFF, all functions rewritten with $_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE, $GLOBALS, $_SESSION variables.
* Optimized template parser
* Possibility to integrate miniBB with existing users database
(structure must be kept original)
* Possibility to use your own PHP header/footer when intergrating into the site
* Include-files optimization for exotic servers like Novell
* Possibility to login at any page w/o posting
* Date function is replaced to the same format as in PHP
* Possibility to use PHP sessions (optional) when logging
* Manual user activity acceptions (optional) - protection against flooders
* Some of the features requested by users: Removed ICQ numerical check via registration; lowercase name checking when registering a new user; possibility to subscribe to any topic w/o replying (optional).
* Optimizations in administrative file.
An option we threw away
is displaying amount of VIEWS of the topic. During a couple of years, while our live forums were working, this information gave nothing. It doesn't mean, actually, how much people viewed your question; it is more important how much were answered. Thus this made a big time- and resource-saving on mySQL's hard UPDATE operation, specially if you have large board.TODO:
* Make miniBB's W3C accessibility compliance at last at level A
* Full editing of user profiles by admin
* Custom cookie format for authorisation
* Plugin: saving user IPs via registration
* Plugin: file upload
* Plugin or built-in: possibility to make a real archive of forums (for example, by years) to free-up main board's loading processes and database. Possibility to archivate/generate forums to ready HTML files.
* Plugin: avatars