Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /   

Your impressions and wishes

Page  Page 11 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  12  Next »  
Author otto
Registered
#151 | Posted: 29 Nov 2002 06:50 | Edited by: otto 
Thank You very much!
Very beautyfull look.
Great possibilities to change the look anyway.
Fantastic good documentation.
Easy install.
Trying :-)to be W3C-OK.
Works in Opera.
Good forum-support.
And even though I feel a little sad, if I really choose to use it:
Thanks for the possibility to get rid of the "powerede by.." by bying it cheap.

Author Team
8-)
#152 | Posted: 21 Nov 2002 10:24 
Looking over the code reminds me of vbulletins sloppy arse code.. This looks like the devs read over all vbs code then made this.. Prob no copy and pasting but var names and ugly syntaxing is the same.

Let us be honest... MiniBB was written from scratch, from zero, we didn't ever look at monsters like VBulletin or PHPBB... simply because we don't like them! We have written this board to fit OUR needs, and we are very happy that many people also like it. Thanks to them :)

Author krkode
Registered
#153 | Posted: 21 Nov 2002 06:17 
Recently i've gone on the mission of checking out every single good forum and finding the best one out there to use on my website :)

I must say, even with the lack of "essential" features like avatars, signatures and other trinkets like those, minibb definitely makes my top 5, by far!

It's fast, easy to install, use and not even bad to look at.
The interface to edit the read only forums/post only forums and all that is really well made, i thought.

Keep up the good work!

Author PeKa
Registered
#154 | Posted: 21 Nov 2002 04:40 
Not very constructive, how's that gonna help to make miniBB better??

If you don't like it, change it or don't use it ;)

Author Anonymous
#155 | Posted: 21 Nov 2002 03:54 
Looking over the code reminds me of vbulletins sloppy arse code.. This looks like the devs read over all vbs code then made this.. Prob no copy and pasting but var names and ugly syntaxing is the same.

Author Anonymous
#156 | Posted: 31 Oct 2002 19:20 | Edited by: Moderator 
Hi,

i just wanna say :
i was searching for PHP code for a forum for a site i am working on, they were either too complex (my users aren't that computer literate, i.e. not geeks) or not professional-looking/feeling enough.

MiniBB was just the right balance, even my mum can use it!!!

Adam.

Author PeKa
Registered
#157 | Posted: 28 Oct 2002 18:42 
I didn't experience any refreshing problems in Opera

That's a common problem when using proxies or a bad server setting, wrong Timezone can be the fault, too.

Author Team
8-)
#158 | Posted: 28 Oct 2002 15:20 
Anonymous
1.Using HTML is very risky.
2.Not everybody knows HTML (let's say - very small amount of users)
3.JavaScript is not used in miniBB as important thing, this is just a decoration, so it doesn't matter, is it turned on or not.
4.HTML code is optimized - we have written it BY HAND, without WYSIWYG. So, there is no necessarity in compression.

P.S.Refreshing in Opera was not miniBB's bug, probably it depends on your Internet connection.

Author Anonymous
#159 | Posted: 28 Oct 2002 15:00 
AND: It doesn't really matter how big the whole script is... IMO it's important that the produced HTML-code is optimized (NO font-Tags, etc..)

Thanks a lot!

Author Anonymous
#160 | Posted: 28 Oct 2002 14:56 
THIS is a very useful forum!
But: I don't like UBB-Code (why learn another formatting language??? HTML should be ok.)
and
I don't like JavaScript (actually I turned JavaScript off (Popups))

AND: HTTP-Compression would be nice too!

Author skynx
#161 | Posted: 26 Oct 2002 16:19 
very good forum.. but i person think it will be better if there is a option for admin to 'pin' a topic..

Author Anonymous
#162 | Posted: 25 Sep 2002 03:00 
very nice job and thanks for this forum!

only thing i miss is the preview button :-D

Author niyogi
Registered
#163 | Posted: 24 Jul 2002 21:43 
this forum software rocks... so simple and awesome...

the new topic button is hard to find though.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#164 | Posted: 12 Jul 2002 20:36 
what peka said, although i can't confirm the part about using a taiwanese charset :)

Author lvalics
Registered
#165 | Posted: 12 Jul 2002 15:34 
I tried a lot of forums, but this was the most easier to implement in an existing website ...
I hope that I will use in many sites, even if is not so complex like other forums.

Page  Page 11 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials / Your impressions and wishes Top
Your impression Click this icon to move up to the quoted message
 Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
  Extend your miniBB-forums, attaching the images and files,
get the File and Picture Attachments add-on!
Galleries / Attachments Addon for miniBB