miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /   

using checkdnsrr() to validate email

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 18 Aug 2007 16:28 
I was just curious but I recently wanted to email everyone from my forum by extracting all the addresses from the database only to find out that 25% of the addresses were fake. Is there a way that miniBB could validate the addresses using checkdnsrr() and only let them register with a valid address without using email activation of course. Just a thought and think it would be a neat feature.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 19 Aug 2007 05:36 
Valid DNS doesn't mean obligately there will be a valid email address on it. For example, minibb.com is a valid domain, but there is no email kkdsd08h [on] minibb.com which could be still used in registration.

I think if you would like to get all valid emails, there is no other way than to validate it upon registration setting up the option $closeRegister.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions / using checkdnsrr() to validate email Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB