miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Using CAPTCHA add-on for non-forum validation?

Author wilkinsmd
#1 | Posted: 20 Sep 2010 09:04 
Hello, I have integrated minibb into my web site and am using the CAPTCHA add-on with great success. I would like to know if it is possible to use the CAPTCHA module for other areas of the site that are separate from minibb. Specifically, I have a few feedback forms on various pages which are simple PHP forms where anyone can enter some text and click on submit and it generates an e-mail to me. I do not want people to have to register in the forum to complete one of these forms. Would it be possible to do a CAPTCHA check here using the minibb add-on, and if so how? I would consider my PHP skills to be intermediate...not an expert but not a newbie.

Thanks for any info!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 21 Sep 2010 02:15 
Answering the question "is it possible" - it's possible in terms of License. In terms of coding, I suppose, it would require additional programming which strictly depends on the areas of your site and has no common solution.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Using CAPTCHA add-on for non-forum validation? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB