miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Topic's second page unreachable

Author nmnnav
Registered
#1 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 15:42 
Having some strangfe behaviour that I can't explain.
In a certain topic, in a closed part of the forum, the admin can't reach the second page (messages >15). The link [2] directs to page 2 but ends up on page [1]. This is only for admin, only this topic and only in Firefox latest version.
I'm using mod-rewrite and the topic has had some messages removed. It used to be >15, showing page 2 and after deletion went to <15 still showing [2]. It now has again >15 messages but the link or the page do not work. A hard refersh on the browser cache doesnt solve the problem.

It is not really an issue, but I would like to understand how this can occur. It seems it is a local problem, affected by browser version and user. How is this possible? Is it cookie related?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 16:36 | Edited by: Paul 
If you can't understand how it occurs, nobody will. Sorry - regarding our forum rules, if you can't provide step-by-step instructions to repeat the problem, we can't solve it.

Actually it's not because of our rules - it's because of human logic.

But it's definitely not the cookie's problem. It's obviously something related to your mod_rewrite rules. Try to launch forum without them, without mod_rewrite at all - and see if you can repeat the same. If you can't - the problem hides there.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Topic's second page unreachable Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB