miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Require email verification to post messages??

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 26 Apr 2007 13:46 
Id like to require all users to be registered and to verify their email address is valid before they can make any post. is this possible?

note: i already have it set so all users must register

thanks!

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 26 Apr 2007 15:54 
You can read about $closeRegister at https://www.minibb.com/forums/manual.html#registration

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 26 Apr 2007 17:30 
is there a way to allow them to choose their own password and simply require an email verification? basically, i want the standard "signup" with a simple email verification?

what i actually want to do is customize the signup page and shorten the registration process to only requiring a username, email, and password upfront. after the email is verified, i would like it to take them directly to their profile page where they can customize their details. can anyone think of a way to do this??

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 27 Apr 2007 05:34 
Please check these threads:

Validate User Registration by Email Confirmation / Verification

Additional code to implement when you set $closeRegister=1

They are 2 different email confirmation methods, and miniBB uses the easiest.

You may provide any login information, modifying file templates/email_user_register_eng.txt Remove necessary fields from templates/user_dataform.html

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Require email verification to post messages??
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑