Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Redirect 'You are not allowed to perform this action' alert to to Registration

Author maldoror_x
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 Oct 2008 08:23 
hi there,

I have a minibb forum with forums only for members (guests or anonymous users cant post), working fine.

But i would like to whenever a guest try to post and after clicking ok on the default message box error, the forum redirects to Forums Member Registration Page.

It is possible?

thanks for the attention

Nuno Maldoror_x
OPorto - Portugal

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 21 Oct 2008 03:24 
Sorry, the question is not understood. What kind of "default message box error" do you mean?

Author maldoror_x
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 21 Oct 2008 03:59 
let's see... after the guest user try to post a topic or post a message, appears a message box with the default message 'You are not allowed to perform this action.' (defined in $l_forbidden)...

Well i need to know if its possible, after the appearing of this message, the forum redirects to the registing page, instead staying in the same page.

Nuno Maldoror_x
Oporto - Portugal

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 21 Oct 2008 06:22 
First, you shall no there is nothing impossible in this world ;-)

However in your case, to achieve only that would be a big work, because this JavaScript alert is used in some other cases as well. Earlier I explained the case in the related thread.

Basically, this alert is generated under form.js -> submitForm() function. As you may see there are many conditions which lead to the same result, and not all are related to users guest status. If you are powerful enough to re-code it to make the different result appear only for your private case, you have a go.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Redirect 'You are not allowed to perform this action' alert to to Registration
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑