®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

random letters protection?

Author dvdv882
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jul 2010 05:46 
I thought we had it on if you mean the random letters and numbers people had to copy when they registered, but I'll check with my webmaster. How does having it on or off make a difference?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Jul 2010 05:50 
I didn't understand what do you mean in full, but if you mean Captcha, it's an optional feature to miniBB. The software could be configured to be protected even without it; but this module slightly make the life easier, because it stops automated spam which comes from other programs and robots; they can't recognize it and substitute these numbers easily, and that solves the "human detection" problem, because on forums you mostly want all users to be humans, right? ;-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 random letters protection?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑