®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Problem when posting (blank screen)

Author xXxByrdxXx
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 00:46 
Alright I did do several searches involving this topic but I did not come up with something that did infact help out with this. So here goes our situation.

Our forum just transfered to a miniBB system because we liked how simple it was to use. Everything was going great until we started posting. Now we only have 4 members at the moment but each of us has had trouble when posting, that problem being the blank screen that comes up when we want to post.

The post itself does get posted but we are stuck at a blank screen until we hit a back button or going back to our site then going to the forums. Not a major problem but just inconvient. Anyone think they might know what the problem is.

If you would like a link it is http://www.idiotzone.com/theforums.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 03:27 
Without debugging and additional investigation it's hard to say what the exact reason is. But the mistake is definitely somewhere on your side.

Such error often happens when you have, for example, some output displayed BEFORE the relocation header is sent via the posting process. PHP generates the error, but you don't see it, because all errors are turned off in php.ini. That's why you see the blank screen, actually there is some kind of PHP break.

Author xXxByrdxXx
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 09:57 
Alright, what I did was I just deleted all the add ons and just readded them 1 by 1, not sure what changed but now it works. Thanks for your help Paul.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 14:17 
Ok, in some case you need to paste the add-ons which send some headers (like Who's online or Captcha) at the very top, so no output is generated before they set cookies or something. Probably that was the error...

Glad it works now.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Problem when posting (blank screen)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑