miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Private Messaging - Icon Missing

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#1 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:13 
I've just installed the premium Private Messaging add-in, but the Icon for sending messages is not showing...

I know this will be down to me doing something stupid, but I have checked, and re-scheck the instructions and I can't see what I have done wrong...

The 'Private Messages [0]' shows in the header, but not the icon in 'main_posts_cell.html'...

I know I'm being a pain with all these questions, but I am making good progress!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:31 
Oh - I should add that the PM icon is visible in the user's profile... just not in the message post.

;o(

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 12:41 
I got it!!!!

It didn't like {$userInfo_username[$poster_id]} being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

;o)

This works:
$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['username'][1], $dbUserSheme['num_posts'][1], 'user_custom1', $dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1]);

This doesn't!
$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['num_posts'][1], 'user_custom1', $dbUserSheme['user_custom2'][1], $dbUserSheme['username'][1]);

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 13:07 
Steve Shaw:
It didn't like {$userInfo_username[$poster_id]} being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

I'm not sure where did you get the info that this array should contain $userInfo_username[$poster_id]?

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#5 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 15:31 
That's a good question - I've followed all the instruction word-for-word for all add-ins, so I guess one of them.
I'll check back over them and let you know!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#6 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 15:50 
Sorry, that was a typo in the post above - it should have said:

It didn't like $dbUserSheme['username'][1] being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#7 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 12:53 
Steve Shaw:
It didn't like $dbUserSheme['username'][1] being at the end of the $userInfoInPosts=array string!!!

I'm mostly sure it can't be the reason. The order should not matter for this array. Most possibly the conflict comes from some other misconfiguration which I have no ideas about...

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#8 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 13:03 
I can't see any other conflicts, and I have triple checked everything - but I may have just missed it...

Wonder what else it could be????

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#9 | Posted: 11 Jul 2013 17:09 | Edited by: Paul 
I'm sure I could find the reason.
But this is about your custom issue and my paid service. Without seeing/debugging files I have no ideas, sorry.

Like always for add-on issues, I may recommend to check the Compiler and how it builds in this add-on only - you may get the ideas from there.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Private Messaging - Icon Missing Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB